23 ☆ moving on

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

MOVING ON

"cho scoffs, 'ma said time heals all wounds

"cho scoffs, 'ma said time heals all wounds. what a load of shite. it's been six months and it still hurts.'"

☆☆☆

Anthony is awfully bouncy. Eunbyeol eyes the boy suspiciously as Professor Sprout finishes up her lecture but does her best to focus on the class. She's almost certain Tony would say whatever's on his mind when class ends. Professor Sprout dismisses the class and Tony grins, hovering around Eunbyeol excitedly. "Hi Eunbyeol."

"Hi Tony," she replies with a dry smile. "You realize that you usually greet a person before you sit with them for an entire Herbology class, right?"

"Who cares," Tony scowls.

"It's etiquette!" Eunbyeol retorts. She sees Draco watching them with an amused quirk of his lip. She gives him a fond, exasperated smile and he raises a brow in response.

"Spit it out already, mate," Terry groans. He tells Eunbyeol, "He's been like this since Potions class this morning."

"I heard," Tony grins as the three make their way back to the castle, "A certain prefect is turning sixteen soon."

"Oh, I didn't know it was Hermione birthday soon!" Eunbyeol chirps. Both Tony and Terry shoot her a withering look and she slumps, sighing. "You found out during Potions, huh? Did Padma tell you then?"

"We have our sources," Terry shrugs. "Doesn't matter, though. Sweet sixteen, Byeol!"

"I don't," she starts haltingly. "I just don't really care, you know? I'm just turning a year older."

"Come on," Tony wheedles. "Your birthday is on a weekend, Byeol. A Hogsmeade weekend, no less! We have to do something."

"He's right," Terry nods. "It'd be a crime to not do anything."

"I mean, the sixteenth of February is just any other day, really," she laughs helplessly as they enter the Great Hall. "I just don't think it's a huge deal."

"What's not a huge deal?"

"Hi, Kates," Tony greets cheerfully. "Eunbyeol turns sixteen in a week and she doesn't want to do anything about it."

"WHAT?! Sixteen?" Katie screeches over Eunbyeol's protests, tugging the younger girl over to the Gryffindor table excitedly. Angelina, Lee, and the twins look up as they approach. "That's huge, Byeol! Absolutely massive!"

Tony leans across the table. "She's turning sixteen next week and doesn't want to do anything about it."

"Sweet sixteen!" Lee whoops and wipes away a phantom tear, turning to Fred. "Blimey, they grow up so fast."