12 ☆ the ministry

CHAPTER TWELVE

THE MINISTRY

"'well, 1984 is an interesting book

"'well, 1984 is an interesting book. makes you really think.' she shakes her head in slight bewilderment. 'it reminds me of something.'"

☆☆☆

She almost doesn't want to get up the next morning. Sunlight floods through the window when she comes to in a quiet dormitory. The Ravenclaw tower is a delightful place to reside, Eunbyeol thinks, with large windows and a view of the entire castle and the forests and valleys beyond it. She'd hate to live as a Slytherin, in a gloomy dungeon. Padma is snoring quietly across from her and Eubyeol is tempted to follow the girl's example, burrowing deeper under her covers. There's a stinging sensation at her wrist as she moves though, and she blinks blearily at the bandage on her wrist. She scowls at the offending strip of starched linen, then looks back up at the window. With a soft, low sigh, she pushes back the covers and pads to the bathroom.

Anthony and Terry are still sleeping soundly in their dormitory when she leaves for breakfast, but Angelina and Katie are waiting for her by the bottom of the staircase of the Ravenclaw tower. "Well, isn't this a nice surprise," Eunbyeol grins as she flits down the stairs. The day is expected to be unusually warm and clear for an October afternoon, but she opts to wear a dress with long sleeves today, cinching around her wrists to keep them from sliding back and revealing the bandage. It feels bulky around her wrist, but it was cleaned and wrapped neatly by Terry the night before, with Anthony hovering around the two with worry. She had cried last night, but she refuses to now. She beams warmly at the girls instead.

Katie's lip wobbles at the sight of the girl, and she latches to Eunbyeol's arm as soon as she can. "Are you okay, Byeol?"

"I'm fine!" she chirps brightly, a winning smile plastered on her face.

"Really? That's good to hear," Angelina raises a brow and grabs Eunbyeol by the hand, making sure to jostle her wrist, where the bandage lies nearly. When Eunbyeol grimaces in pain, the Gryffindor nods briskly. "That's what I thought."

Katie lets out a squeak and reaches over to bat Angelina's arm furiously. "Don't do that, she's hurt!"

"She said she was fine," Angelina shrugs loftily. "Unless she wants to recant her statement and tell the truth."

"I just," Eunbyeol sighs and gnaws on her lip. "I just don't want anyone to worry."

"We're your friends, Byeol," Katie points out. "Friends worry about each other."

"Speaking about worrying," Angelina chimes in slyly. "George was going half mad with worry last night. He wanted to come with us today."

"That's kind of him." Eunbyeol smiles faintly. "He needn't worry about me, though."