late calls

A week had now passed by since you and Quackity had teamed up for Minecraft Mondays. The event was currently on pause for a couple weeks to allow the organisers to plan out what they were going to do later on in the tournament since viewers were beginning to get tired of the usual hunger games competition. Despite that, you and your Minecraft partner didn't end interactions there.

Every now and then you would reply to Quackity's tweets and he would reply to yours. But because the two of you hadn't streamed together for a while, the tweet replies were spammed with fans asking when you two were going to get together next. What the fans didn't know was that you and Quackity had been talking everyday. There was something about him that made you want to be around him, every time you talked to him you were guaranteed to laugh until your lungs felt like they may genuinely collapse.

DISCORD:
quackity: u free?

Oddly perfect timing. You unlocked your phone and typed your response. Shortly after, a familiar ringtone sounded through your headphones.

"Hola mi amigo!" You said cheerfully. Today was a particularly good day and you had no idea why. Perhaps you just woke up on the right side of the bed.

"Your Spanish is improving well done (Y/N)!" He replied to you, sounding equally as happy as you were.

Your Discord calls with him this week had been consisting of, well, everything. Brainstorming video ideas to him suddenly teaching you Spanish. It was all so natural and fluent, usually it would take quite some effort for you to open up to someone. Anything that included him was entertaining, at this point he was definitely one of your best friends and you were one of his.

"The dating rumors are finally starting to die down, thank God." You said.

"I didn't expect for it to last more than a couple hours to be fair, up until now I didn't realise that we basically share the same fans." Quackity said.

"Anyway so what are you up to today? Cramming for your final test I assume."

"Well I should be cramming but I'd rather talk to you."

"Calm down hun, you might spark up the rumors again." You joked.

The two of you would meaninglessly flirt with each other easily since you both saw it as an inside joke that originated from your first stream together. Nothing romantic would ever happen between you two, obviously.

A few hours of chatting quickly flew by until your eye caught sight of the time.

"Dude! If it's 11pm in my city that means it's like 1am in yours, you need to sleep for your test tomorrow." You alerted.

"Oh fuck. Thanks for reminding me... Sorry if I kept you up-"

You cut him off immediately. "Don't apologise, it was my fault. I'm going to hang up now bye bye bye-" You kept repeating 'bye,' drowning out whatever he was saying until you could manage to sit upright on your chair, grab hold of the computer mouse and click on the red button. Knowing Alex's talent of not being able to shut up, if you didn't take matters into your own hands you would still be on that call for a couple more hours.

Discord:
quackity: fuck u

You rolled your eyes and replied with 'you're welcome.'

Discord:
quackity: thank u lol