invite

You lay on your bed doing nothing. There was no point in crying for a boy who didn't like you in that way. You figured you finally owed Zak a reply and that's exactly what you did. Once you unlocked your phone you texted him saying 'i feel the same.' Now you had to play the waiting game.

Alex was still on the phone in the other room, your first assumption was that he was probably talking to the mystery girl until you heard him say the word 'VidCon.' After that you couldn't help but listen to his conversation.

"Invite us? Together? ... Wow that's amazing, thank you... Flight, hotel and tickets? ... Hotel what? ... Oh that sounds fine, thank you goodbye."

After a few seconds Alex burst into your room.

"You won't believe who just rang me." He said, full of excitement and shock. "VIDCON JUST INVITED US!"

"WHAT?" You questioned, sounding equally as surprised as he did.

"Our 'relationship' is trending throughout the YouTube community at the moment so they've invited us to come."

"Damn, if that's all it took I should've asked you out during that stream where you sucked at Minecraft." You joked.

"What are we going to do about the tickets we won in the event?"

"I guess we should give them to our new partners, you give one to the girl you talked about yesterday and I'll give one to Zak, so we can all be together at VidCon." As much as you hated to acknowledge that Alex was moving on, you had to. There was nothing else you could do.

"Sounds like a plan." He smiled weakly at you then left.

You both subconsciously knew that you'd have to stay together during VidCon to
not create suspicion. Especially if VidCon invited you as a couple. You hoped by the time it rolled around, your feelings for Alex would've perished so you could move on fully with Zak. Hopefully.