hotel

The day had finally rolled around to catch your flight to LA. Since your dream, you had been avoiding eye contact with Alex because whenever you looked at him, all you could see was that kiss. But now it was time to head to the airport and you were leaving with Zak and Alex since you all lived in the same city it only made sense to go together.

You barely spoke a word to Alex for the entire trip. You were afraid he was going to think you were being rude but in reality you were trying to prevent your eyes from lingering, especially if you were next to your boyfriend. Once the Uber arrived at the hotel, a couple fans caught sight of you three and ran up to you.

"(Y/N)!!! ALEX!!!" The two girls screamed as they sprinted towards you. "Please can we have a picture with you?"

You nodded and they handed their phone over to Zak, who they didn't know at all. Alex put an arm over your shoulder and leaned in with the fans until Zak had taken the picture. The girls quickly looked at the picture and beamed.

"Wow you really do love her!!" They squealed as they caught sight of his arm around your shoulder.

"I guess I do." Alex pulled you in a bit.

"She's blushing!!" One of the girls pointed.

Zak quietly looked at you without saying a word and Alex spun his head to see, he was definitely going to tease you about it later. You couldn't just brush it off because you had to keep the fake relationship alive until VidCon was over. However, blushing wasn't part of your plan, and your boyfriend had to watch you with another man's arm around your shoulder which definitely didn't help.

Once you said goodbye to them and checked into the hotel, you, Alex and Zak dragged the luggage into the elevator. Since VidCon invited you and Alex as a couple, there was only one room, so Alex offered to swap rooms with Zak so you and Zak could stay in the bigger room together. Just as the doors opened, the floor was full of people. Everyone staying in the hotel were either YouTubers or fans, and you weren't prepared for this.

"Hey, Dev!" A guy holding a camera greeted you.

"Hey... Dude..." You didn't want to be rude but you had no idea who he was.

"You and Quackity are still going strong huh? That sucks, I wish I could've tapped that." He bit his lip and checked you out as he said that.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Alex intervened. The man didn't know he was right behind you and stepped back in shock.

"I'm sorry man-"

"If I see you near her you're going to regret it." Alex threatened and shoved him out of the way.

He then took your hand and pulled you past the man as Zak trailed along. Due to the huge amounts of people in the corridor you and Alex had to enter one of the rooms together whilst Zak went into the one that was supposed to be Alex's to ensure that breakup rumours wouldn't start.

"Thank you, Alex." You said after shutting the door. "You didn't have to stand up for me."

"I did, no one should treat you like that."

You sat on the foot of the bed, not really knowing what to say. Alex came to sit next to you.

"(Y/N) are you okay? You hardly spoke to me on the way here. Did I do something?"

"Yes I'm fine." You responded calmly.

In reality, you weren't fine. Every time you closed your eyes, that dream would drift into your mind and make you question if you had chosen the wrong person to be with. Every cell in your body wanted to ask if he ever felt anything towards you. But you didn't want to ruin your friendship with Alex, and you didn't want to damage you relationship with Zak.

"Just tired." You added.