Chapter One

It was a beautiful  sunny spring day of 1982, when Sally-Ann  Neil drove her corvette  back to her home town  of Reitman Bay.

Why she even bothered to  return home to the place that   caused her nothing but heartache was beyond her wildest dreams.....but she knew that one day soon  she would have  to face her biggest fear and that fear was coming face to face with the man who broke her heart 5 years ago - Steven Young.

"Damn , damn it, damn him to hell!" Sally-Ann  said hitting her steering wheel with her left hand.
What's  wrong Mummy?" Skyanne asked her mother with a concerned  look on her little face. "Huh.... oh, oh nothing sweetheart. I was just thinking about something  that young man back at the car-yard said to me,"  she said telling a little white lie to her daughter. "All good, nothing to worry about sweetheart - I'm just thinking out loud," she added.

Driving on a bit more with the radio playing, Sally-Ann  started tapping her fingers on the steering wheel as she sang along to Queens- "Another One Bites The Dust."
Enjoying the music  and just thinking about when they were all teenager's  hanging out together  down on the local beach without a care in the world. Watching Luke and Steven kicking a football  backwards and forwards  between them, while both Karen and herself did some serious sun-baking. "Yep, those were the days, "she thought to herself as she kept tapping her fingers on the steering wheel  in time with the music.

Coming into Reitman Bay, Sally-Ann  took a quick glance around the area and was taken backby now much the town had changed over the past couple of years while she was away working in Paris.

"It's  so beautiful  here Mummy, young Skyanne  told her mother while taking a good look around at everything."It sure is sweetheart,  you will love it here...just as much as I love it and I promise to show you all around Reitman Bay once we're settled," Sally-Ann  told her daughter.

Pulling up out the front of Luke and  Karen's place, Sally-Ann  turned the corvette off, turned to face her daughter and said, " Well, we're  here at long last. You can get out now and go up to the door  and ring the doorbell if you like honey." "Cool," Skyanne  said jumping out of the car and running up to the front door to press the doorbell. It rang twice before the door opened and there stood Luke looking out.

"Damn door knockers, one day I'll catch the little bugger who keeps pressing the doorbell and then runs away," he said turning to shut the front door.
"Ha,ha,ha, your funny Uncle Luke,"Skyanne  said wrapping her little arm's around his legs. "Why hello there pumpkin...what a  lovely surprise this is," he said giving Skyanne a kiss and cuddle. "It sure is lovely to see again Uncle Luke....I've missed you sooo much,"she smile up at him. I've missed you too  sweetheart.  I'ts been  a long time."  "It surly has been awhile since you last saw her Luke. I think Skyanne  wa turning one year old the last time you saw  her," Sally-Ann  smiled as she started grabbing  all the packages  out of her car and pressing central  locking on her car keys.

"Hey there gorgeous,  long time no see," he said walking over to the car to give her a hand with all the packages.
"Gee's Sally-Ann,  are you sure you left anything in the  shop's  for other people to buy...... And what is all this stuff?," he asked as he helped carry it inside and placed it all down on the coffee table. "Oh just a few odds and ends that I brought for both Karen and you while I was working over in Paris  and yes Mr Smartie pants - Idid leave a few items  in the shops  for other's  to buy.... 3 or 4 item's  I think, or maybe  it was  the kitchen  sink I left behind. Mmm, I can't  remember  now," she said placing her finger on the left side of her and pretending  to think. " Ha, ha,ha, your a crack-up Sally-Ann.  I can just picture you doing that too," he laughed.
"Who me- NEVER," she smiled back at him.