Chapter Six.

Wednesday  morning  came  rather quickly and both the girl's were up getting ready for their surprise visit to the farm.
Young Skyanne was filled with excitement about meeting her Grandparents for the very first time. She was dancing around and singing at the top of her little lungs, " I'm going tothe farm, I'm going to the farm and I'm going to meet my Grandparents. "

" Wow, someone's very excited this morning, " Luke said  placing  his  coffee  cup  down  in front of himself.

"Yep, she sure  is.  She  hasn't stopped since she opened her eyes," Sally-Ann said  grabbing herself a cup of coffee.  "I  just wish I could find her off button for a bit of peace and quite. I understand Skyanne  is excited  and all, but my poor ears need a break,"  Sally-Ann  said placing her hands over her ears and rolling her eyes.

" All parents think that at times, but unfortunately kid's don't come with a remote control, "  Luke laughed.  " Hopefully  for your sake Sally-Ann,  Skyanne  will soon settle down once the excitement  of today dies down a notch.  And speaking of which , how are you  feeling  about today? " Luke asked  as he took a  swig  of his coffee.

" I'm  not sure what I feel, although if the truth be told - I'm a bit nervous  and on the other hand,  I'm  excited for Skyanne, " Sally-Ann  admitted.  "I only hope everything goes smoothly and  there is no drama, " Sally-Ann  added.

" That's  understandable Sally-Ann .  I'm  sure everything  will work  out fine for you, "Luke said  giving her a reassuring look.

" On that note, I  think  we should make a move, as we have to stop by the  bakery on the way out if we wish to have something for morning tea," Sally-Ann said grabbing her keys for the  corvette.

" Okay then, have a great day. Say hi to Mr & Mrs Young  for me please, "  Luke  told  Sally-Ann  as he waved goodbye.

Once everyone piled into the car, Sally-Ann backed out of the driveway and they were soon on their way.
"Yay, we're on our way to Nanny and Poppys, " Skyanne  started singing. 
" I can't wait to  meet  Nanny & Poppy.  I am  going to  give them both a great big hug and say 'HELLO, my name is Skyanne." she  boast.

First stop was at the bakery, we're both the girls grabbed a pinapple upside side  down tea  cake for morning tea; which happened to be  Karen's  Dads  favorite. " This  looks good,  Dad will love it! "  Karen said paying the  lady behind the counterand  heading  back  out to the car.

The day was absolutely beautiful, not a cloud in the sky and the drive was enjoyable, with hardly any cars on the road.
With the hood of the corvette down, wind blowing through their hair, the girls sang along in time with the music.
Skyanne on the other hand was  sitting  back enjoying the view.

Turning into the driveway of Karen's parents place, Sally-Ann took a quick glance around and said, "  Oh my, this place looks beautiful. "
" If you think outside looks beautiful, wait til you see inside and see all the work the boy's helped do around here, " Karen smiled.

Pulling up next to Mr Young ' s  rusty old ute,  Sally-Ann said ," I see your father still has that rusty old ute he use to take  us around the paddocks in and tried teaching us to drive. Do you remember that day when you almost put the ute into the dam and your father almost had a flamming heart attack? " Sally-Ann  asked  as she started  to giggle.

" Oh brother, I'll never forget that day as long as I live. I went to hit the brake, but accidentally hit the accelerater and all my Dad keep saying was " brake, brake Karen " and you didn't help much with your," That's it -  we're going to  die ". .....which only made me panic more. It was a bloody nightmare. Its no wonder why I only drive an automatic.