Chapter Ten.

In the morning  everyone was up and having breakfast  when Sally-Ann  walked into the kitchen. Luke was sitting at the end of the table reading the morning paper  and placed it down next to himself  justas Sally-Ann  took a seat next to him.

" Good morning  sweetheart,  have a nice sleep?" he asked.
"Sure did. I more or less crashed out the minute my head hit the pillow, I was that tired, I didn't  even change into my nightie, " she said laughing. "Woke up thjs mkrning and frightened  the living daylights out of myself when I looked in the mirror. ... I looked like Alice Coopers wife!" she added.

"Must have been one hell of a night," Karen  said as  she plced some poached eggs on toast and a cup of coffee down in front of Sally-Ann. "Thanks Karen  and yes actually it was. The place was truly amazing and the food was too die for. I loved Ripples. The evening was ggoing really well until I had a run in with a particular  someone in the power room. Would you believe  she had the nerve to accuse me of being back here to break both Steven and her up. Can you believe  it.....Amanda  of all people pointing her greasy  ugly finger at me and accussing me of the same  bullshit she did to me. And to top it off,  she had the hide to to try tell me to keep away from your brother.
Seriously,  some people need to wake up and smell the coffee," Sally-Ann  said telling her friend about her njght out.

"Your kidding me. Gee's she's got some balls hasn't  she!  Where does she get off attacking you like that. Doesn't  the stupid bitch realize that your my best friend and Steven's  my brother, your bound to run into him..   No of course not,  she's too busy frothing at the mouth.
If only my would wake up too her and realize she's just no good. Oh well, maybe one day he will figure out her true colours, til that day,  I guess we will just have to bite our tongues  and deal with the fact that the stupid cow is dating my brother.  I can't  wait till the shoe drops and she finds out Steven has daughter.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that day comes," Karen  said feeling annoyed.

"Regardless  wheter Amanda is dating Steven or not,  that doesn't  give her the right to go around  attacking Sally-Ann  the way she did just because she feels insecure  in her relationship.  That's just not on in my books,"  Luke said.
"I couldn't  agree anymore,  but this is Amanda where talking about  and she seem's to think she's Queen fucken Bee," Karen  statted.
"Well  I've got news for her...... there's a storm coming and it's  not going  to be smooth sailing," Sally-Ann  pipped up.

The rest of the day went well.  Sally-Ann  sorted out a few things that she needed  doing and Karen went kff to complete  a few layouts she had brought home  with her from work.
'I'll be glad whe  this bloody layout is over and done with, as I'm getting sick of seeing it," she said shoving everything back into her briefcase.
"Sounds like you need a holiday or something, " Luke sàid.
"Definitely  need something, as this is toture.

" By the way Sally-Ann,  there was a phone call for you earlier on. Some guy by the name of Mr Horn from Freeman's  that would like to see you first thing g tomorrow  morning, " Karen told her friend.

"I dont know anyone by that name and whats more - I'd like to know how they got this number  znd just what exactly  he wants,"  Sally-Ann  said puzzled.
"There's  only one way to find out, go see what he wants.  Here's  the address, " Karen said handing her a peice of paper.

                                                                           □□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Bright and early in the morning, Sally-Ann  was up and out the front door by 7:30. She pulled up out the front of Freeman's,  locked the car, headed inside and took a seat.  Within a few seconds the young girl behind the front desk  approached  ber," Good morning,  you must be Miss Neil. Please follow  me, Mr Horn has been expecting you," she said leading Sally-Ann  down the corridor to  Mr Horns office.  Knocking on the door  and opening it she said,"  Mr Horn,, Miss Neil has arrived. "

"Come in, please take a seat, " he said gesturing towards the  chair in front of him. " Your probably  wondering  why I called you I  here for? Well I was flipping through a magazine  tht one of my girls left laying around  and I just so happened to have stumbled  across a photo shoot you had done. I was so taken by your photo that I called your old boss i Paris and asked them to send me a copy of your portfilo andna contact number to reach you on. I'm glad they did, as I'm amazed by your work. So amazed in fact, that I'd like to offer you a job here at Freeman's," he said placing his hands down on the table.

"Thanks very much Mr Horn, when would you like me to start?" 
"How about first thing tomorrow morning? " Mr Horn said shaking her hand.
"That would be great.   Thank-you once again,"  she said getting up and heading out of the office.

Back at home, Sally-Ann  parked the corvette  and headed on inside totell Lukeand Karen the good news.
"Oh your home. So what did Freemans want?"  both Luke and Karen asked.
"Nothing much. Apparently  one of Mr Horns girls had left a magazine  laying around tgat had a photo  of me9n the front; which he came across. He was so impressed with  my work, that he ended up calling my old boss, asked  them for my portfolio  and the rest is history.  I start  first thing in the morning. "

"Wow Sally-Anns, that's  great news. This calls for a celebration, " Karen  said standing up and heading into the kitchen and pulling out a bottle of bubbly. Returning  back out to the lounge-room, she handed the drinks out, raised her glassand said," Here's to Sally-Ann  getting a new job.... cheers,"she said clicking her glass against Luke and Sally-Ann's.

"One mission down, one to go. Next is to find  my dream home,"Sally-Ann  said taking a sip of her drink.
"Good thing's  come to those who wait," Luke.

After dinner was  over and done with,  they moved into the lounge-room  to watch a bit of telly with Skyanne  before she had to go to bed.

Within an hour, Sally-Ann  put Skyanne  to bed, kissed her goodnight, then went back out to join the others.
"I still can't  believe  I  got a new job as a model..... I'm shocked," Sally-Ann said.
"Talk about a job just landing in your lap. You must be over the moon about it," Karen said  smiling at her.
"I couldnt  be any more happier if I tried and on that note, I think I should go hit the hay."