Chapter Two

"Sally-Ann,  wait a minute," Karen said calling out to her. " I'm sorry, I had no idea. I thought my brother loved you and I never thought he'd cheat on you. I oftened wondered how he ended up with Amanda and well I  know! I'm sorry I called you those name's. You should have told me, I could have been there to help you. I guess that's what hurt me the most.... You  not  telling me! "Karen said  apologizing. "I know I should have told you about Skyanne, but I didn't want anyone feeling sorry for me. Skyanne is my child and my responsibility - no-one  else's, " Sally-Ann told her  friend.

"Well I know now, and I'm sorry you had to go through all that on your own.... let's hope it  never  happens again, " Karen said hugging her friend.
"That makes two of us - I never want to go through that again on my own, as it was pure torture! " Sally-Ann told her. "I  bet it was, especially going through it at such a young age. It must have been scary,"Karen said. " Yes at times it was, but I learnt to deal with it, " Sally-Ann admitted. " I had to, as I didn't have any choice, " she added.

" You we're saying something about presents? " Karen asked as she took a seat next to Luke. " I  sure did, there on the coffee table in front of you, " Sally-Ann told her as she took a seat opposite Luke and Karen. " Nothing much, but  a few odds and ends that thought you might both like. "  "Are you for real? It looks like you brought everything but the kitchen sink, " Karen said  laughing. 

" Skyanne honey, can you do the honor of handing them out to your Uncle Luke and Aunty Karen please, " Sally-Ann asked  her daughter. " Okay Mummy, " she said plonking herself down on the floor in front of her mother, than handing Karen a pink tote bag with a girl  walking a dog on the front of it. Taking the bag fom her niece, she looked inside to find pretty pink tissue paper covering the gifts.
" Wow, check out all the different types of teas I'm going to try out and these candles smell really nice, " she said smelling all the different scents.
Next was Luke - Skyanne handed him a tote bag with the Eiffel tower on the front of it. He opened it to find a variety of different coffee, men's aftershave lotion and a black Beret.
Karen's next gift was a bright pink Beret, some very colorful scarf's, tops, pants, dresses and Skirts.  Luke got a whole bunch of men's clothing and some beautiful ties. Next gift Karen opened was a Givenchy paris Dahila Noir 3 piece perfume gift set, with a Paris Hilton clutch purse. " Oh lordie Sally-Ann, you shouldn't have. These gifts are just beautiful. . . . I  love them.  Luke's next  gift was a Bruno Banan Hol wallet and a leather Levis fort belt. " Oh Sal, thank-you ever so much - I just love them, " he said.
"  Not done yet guys - was saving the best for last, " she said placing the last two  larger  bag's down in front of them.

Opening up the bag and pulling out a well wrapped gift, Karen slowly unwrapped it to find a  beautiful portrait of both Sally-Ann and Skyanne standing under the Effiel tower, inside a beautifully handmade photo frame. Stacked around the photo frame were other gifts that she soon learnt was a stunning white evening gown with matching pearl earrings, necklace and evening bag and the lateest make-up kit on the market for this season. Underneath that all, she came across something else. Opening it up, she started laughing.
" Gee's your funny, " she said holding it up high for Luke to see.
" See, told you I had brought the kitchen sink! " Sally-Ann smiled.
" I don't know what to say, I'm totally blowen away by all these beautiful gifts. Thanks a million Sally-Ann, I love them all so much  and I  truly love the photo of Skyanne and you. I'm going to hang it up in my room," she said placing everything back into a neat little pile in front of her.

Luke than opened up his last gift to also find the same photo in the same frame. Around his frame, he had found a blue suit with an awesome tie and a dress watch. Underneath all the clothes he found a playboy bunnies keyring.
" Wow, check this out - I really love this keyring Sal, " he thanking her once again.
" Not a problem  - I'm just glad you both like your gifts, " she said feeling  pleased with herself.  " I've even got some gifts for Mr and Mrs Young . "