Chapter Twelve

It was Friday morning,  the sun was shining brightly outside and the weather  forecast for the long weekend  was perfect.  No rain, just beautiful sunny days for the next four days.

Both Luke and Karen  were up early running around gathering up all the camping  equipment,  when Sally-Ann  walked into the kitchen to grab herself a coffee.

"What are you two up too"? Sally-Ann, asked as she took a seat at the end of the table.

"I thought seeing its the long weekend  and the weather forecast  says it will  bright and sunny for the next few days, why we dont take advantage of it and go camping. Luke's  all for it and said he knows of this place called," Point Tooney Bay," Karen  said pulling the esky out of the pantry  cupboard and  placed it on the bench in frornt of her.

"Ahhh, so that's what  all that racked was outside," Sally-Ann said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"You might say that, so what do you think, are you in?"

"Sure, why not.. count  me in," Sally-Ann said giving her the thumbs up.

The girls spent the next hour or so getting everything ready to take with them  camping. They  packed  all the basics  that they needed for the next few days and placed it all in the esky. In the pinic basket  they placed all the  cutlery,  plates, bowls , cups, tea towels and washing liquid.  In a box Kaen placed some snacks and drinks. In an other esky  she had placed   their supply of drinks.

"Wow, you girls have done an amazing job getting all the food ready, as this is fit for a king," Luke said as he came back inside, walked into the kitchen and saw all the food.

"I'm making sure we have plenty  of food. .. too much is better than not having enough and running out, " Karen said
smiling up at him from behind  both the  eskys.

"Okay, well the camping gear  is all packed  on the roof rack of the car, along with the wind surfer. Now I just got to place  these eskys, pinic basket  and whatever you girls need to bring along with you for the next few days, than we're  all set to head off."

As Luke was packing the food into the back of the car, the girl's  went and packed their overnight bag's with all their personals.

" Yay, we're going on a camping trip," Skyanne  said clapping her little hands together and singing with joy.
"Yes, we sure are sweetheart. Your very first  camping trip -it's  going to be fun and your going to love it," Sally-Ann  told her daughter.

Along the way, they played a game of spotto and eye-spy.... Skyanne  won both times.

With the radio playing, they sang along to it and chit-chatted about what they hve planned out for the long weekend.
"I'm going  to build the biggest bon-fire ever and we're all going to sit round  roasting marshmallows  and telling ghost stories," Luke said.

The drive to Point Tooney Bay  only took an hour, but once there, they piled out of the car and Luke said, "  Well this is it... we are at last. So what do you think?"

"Oh wow Luke,  this place is beautiful. How on earth did you find this place?" Sally-Ann asked as she took a look around, soaking in the view.

"A mate of mine told me all about it,  so I went check out and well, here are...." he said feeling pleased with himself.

"Good choice indeed. I love it. What do you think Karen,?" Sally-Ann  asked. " I'd have to agree with you Sally-Ann,  this place is drop ded gorgeous."