Chapter Twenty

In the morning  Sally-Ann  was up bright and early and out the door before everyone else had even got out of bed.
Luke had agreed to take Skyanne  to school and drop her off on his way to work.

Before Luke even had the chance to sit down with his coffee, Karen questioned  him about the agreement  he made with Sally-Ann .
Asking him if it was what he truly wanted and could be happy with that decision knowing deep down underneath  it all, Sally-Ann's  heart wasn't  really into it.  "Face it Luke, you know and I know that  Sally-Ann's  heart only belongs to one man. This non sex thing says it all.... surly your not to blind too see that," she statted.

Luke just stood there puzzled by what Katen had said to him, but deep down in his heart of hearts, he knew she was right. He just didn't want to accept  it.

At Freeman's,  Sally-Ann  was busy working on modeling  underwear and swimwear, when Tony told her to head down to the make-up department so they could get her ready for the next layout.

Twenty minutes later , they got stuck into it and was finished in no time.  Tony suggested going to have a bite to eat at some cafe not far from Freeman's.

By 2:30pm, Sally-Ann  was heading to Skyanne's school to pick her up.
When Skyanne got into  the car, she was all chitty-chatty about her day and told her mother about her friends who happened to be a set of triplets.  She than asked her mother if she was going to that  many babies one day, and Sally-Ann  almost chocked  on her drink.
"No sweetheart  I hope not that many all at once!"

Once at home, Skyanne  changed out of her uniform, threw it in the washing basket and headed outside to play with Hope. Her mother on the other hand,  rounded up the rest of the washing and placed it in the washing  machine just as Luke  walked inside and called out to her.

"I'm in the laundry," she called  out to him.
Heading outside, he stuck his head inside the laundry, quickly  extended  his arm and said, "These are for you."
Taking the big bunch of flowers from Luke, she thanked him and went into the kitchen to find a vase to place them in.

Just as Sally-Ann was rearranging  the flowers , Karen walked into the kitchen, took one look at the flowers and shook her.
"What?"  Sally-Ann  said as she placed the  vase down on the counter.
"Oh nothing in particular. ... just can't  get my head around the fact your dating someone, but your heart really isn't  into it because  it belongs to my brother," Karen said.

Sally-Ann  spun around and told Karen to stop questioning  her on  the decision  she made. That she has moved on, just like her brother had done with Amanda.  She made her choice and that choice was to give it a go with Luke and see where things go.

Karen on the other hand wasn't about to drop the subject and she pointed a few things out to Sally-Ann-  like the no sex rule, not wanting Steven to know about her dating Luke and the fact she was actually wearing the ring Steven sent her as a xmas present.
"If you claim you feel nothing for my brother,  than why on earth are you wearing his ring?"  
"Dont know what your on about," she said turning away from her.
Karen just shook her head, threw her arms up in the air, mutterd something under her breath and went out to the lounge-room.

Walking into the lounge-room,  Luke suggested going out for dinner.
Half an hour later, they all piled into  the car and were  heading for the Sundowner.

After parking the car, they all headed inside to find a seat. The place was  pumping for a Thursday night. 
No sooner had they taken their seat,  Steven approached  their table, smiled and asked if they were baby sitting again.
Karen answered  yes.

"He remembered  my name Mummy," she said.
Steven looked quizzical  at Karen and asked if he heard Skyanne  call Sally-Ann  mummy.
Karen laughed and told him not to be daft.
He just shocked his head and off he went to join Amanda.

" What was that all about ?" Sally-Ann  asked.
Looking at each other, both Luke and Karen said,"No idea!"

After ordering their meal, they sat back and listened  to the band  play, then got up and danced to  few songs. Luke, Karen and Sally-Ann  bopped around the dance floor with young Skyanne, unaware  they were being watched.

"Who's the kid with them Steven?" Amanda asked as she watched them all bopping around.
Steven smiled and told her that the little girl was the daughter of a friend who Karen was baby sitting. 
Amanda just picked up her drink, took a mouthfull of it and muttered  something under her breath.
Steven looked at her and asked her if she'd care for a dance, but all she could do was laugh in his face.

"Suit yourself," he said as he headed over to the bar to order himself another drink.

Bumping into Sally-Ann,  he asked her if she was havung fun and she told him she was , but that what would make things awhole better, would be if he disappeared. Looking straight at her, he asked why she had to  always be  so hostile  towards him.
Biggest mistake he made, as she went into full defence mode, told him to fuck off and go back to his bitch.
He just stood there glued to the floor, dumbfounded by her little outburst and muttered...."damn woman"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The long weekend  came up quicklyand Sally-Ann  had gotten up, changed into a pair of stripped blue woven shorts, a floral black la ed bustier, a pair of black tie-up shoes and tied her hair back, then headed out to the kitchen.

Both Luke and Karen were up running around gathering stuff up for the long weekend  away at Mount Purdie log cabin,when Sally-Ann walked in.

"Holly cow, what's  all this?" she asked as she watched Karen open up the pantry and pull out a box full of grog.
Karen just smirked at Sally-Ann  and told her it was Monkey  jiuce.  Sally-Ann  rolled her eyes and went to grab herself a coffee.

Two hours later, they finally arrived at Mount Purdie, unloaded the car  and went inside to check the cabin out.

It was a magnificent log cabin with a concert acrylic stan floor in 5 colors,  windows all around,  a nice big kitchen with pine timber cupboards and white marble benches with a cobblestone  breakfast  bar, withan adjouring dinning room and lounge-room.
In the lounge-room  there was an open fire place with a big woolen rug laying on the floor,  a climbing  bears  floor lamp, a bear side tablesand pot plants everywhere you looked. Two big sliding class doors that lead out onto   the back porch over looking the beautiful scenery.
On the second floor there were  3 rooms.
The master bedroom was done in a rustic look with a big four post bed, a white woolen rug on the floor  and a big rustic blanket box at the end of the bed. The second room  and third room was also done in a rustic style, but the second room had a double bed and the third room had a bunk bed.
The bathroom  was done in a stonewash along with a stonewash shower and a stonewash spa bath on  an angle with two big windows with wooden blinds on them.

Once they decided  on who was taking what room and finished unpacking, they decide to go for  walk and  have alook around.
The scenery was absolutely  breath taking, with field's full of marigolds scattered through them. Footh hills all around, over looking
a small  valley leading down to a stream.

"How on earth did you  find this extraordinary  piece of heaven Luke?" Sally-Ann asked.
"Through a catalog," he smiled.

Back at the cabin, Luke whiped something  for dinner, lite the fire-place and they sat in the dinning -room eatting their meal in comfort.
It was peaceful  on the mountains, the air clean and  fresh with  the  smell of the marigolds when the breaze  came in through the open windows.