Chapter Nine

" Good morning,  beautiful day isn't it? Sally-Ann said  taking a seat at the end of the table.
" Yeah  for ducks  maybe, " Karen pipped up.  "So  what are we going to do today on my day off, seeing my plans went right out the window? " Karen said  feeling disappointed.

"Don't  know, maybe we could watch a movie or two. It's  definitely  the right weather for it,"Sally-Ann  suggested.
"Actually that's  not a bad idea,  considering  we not so long ago brought a whole  heap of new movies, but never got around to watching  them yet," Karen said as she poured herself a fresh cup of coffee.

As the day progress,  everyone enjoyed the  movies, the popcorn,  the laughs and each others company.

"Well  that certainly was an interesting  movie. I loved the last one we  were watching  -  what a real tear - jerker. I must say I never saw that coming. I truly thought he would end up marrying her, not walking out on her when she needed him the most," Sally-Ann said grabbing herself a  drink.

"Sally-Ann,  I  was wondering if you care to join me for  dinner  tonight at  Ripples. It is a lovely little  restaurant  on Mapple Street that hs just opened  and I would love for you o join me," Luke asked.
" Oh I don't know  Luke," Sally-Ann said  hesitating.

" Come on, it will  be fun. Let your hair  down for once and enjoy the night. I swear nothing bad will happen and there won't be  any unexpected  surprise's ....  that I can guarantee  you.  Just the two of us!"  he asured her.
" Okay then,  I'll take your word for it," she said.

"Great, so it's  all set. I'll pick you up by your bedroom  door at 6pm sharp.... don't  be late," he said smiling.

"Did you hear  that, he's  going to pick you up  by your bedroom door. Whats  he going to carry you or something?  I'd love  to see that, " Karen said laughing  at the thought of it.
"Ha, ha,ha, your a crack up Karen.... now come help me find someting to wear will you," Sally-Ann  told her.

"Hey, it's just dawned on me that this is the first time I've been  in  your room since you moved in and I must  tell you now, I'm really  impressed with what you  have done in here. I simply  love those vases and the flowers you have in them. Your bed setting is too die for," she said taking everything in. " Hang on, what have we got here? " she siad  picking up a photo frame with photo of them all down at the old wreckand on the otherside of the frme was a photo of Steven and Sally-Ann.

" It's  just a photo  I keep out for Skyanne. .. that's  all it is, nothing more," Sally-Ann answered as she  reached for the photo frame.
"Oh come on now, what do you take me for Sally-Ann,  I wasn't  born in the last shower. Are you really going to stand there and try telling me thats the  only reason  why you  keep  this photo out." Karen  said shaking her head in disbelief.
"That is exactly what I'm saying. "
"BULLSHIT Sally-Ann, I can see that isn't the reason at all. Just admit it-  your still very much in lovenwith my brother."
"Don't  be ridiculous.  I can asure you now that your wrong, I do not love Steven.  I told you the reason behind it, it's not my fault  you refuse to believe  me," Sally-Ann  said taking the photo frame from Karen and placing it back on top of the dresser.
"Fair enough then, I'll give it the benfit of doubt..... but you know I don't  believe  you," Karen said giving her a weird look.

Walking over to the wardrobe  and opening it, Karen started flipping through  the clothes on the rake. "No, no,no..... Oh hello, what do we have here. I really  like this little black jumpsuit you've got here, it's gorgeous, " Karen said reaching inside the wardrobe and pulling it out.  "Yep, I think this will do just fine. Your going to look amazing in this my friend," she said placing it down on the bed.