Chapter Sixteen. ..

Back at home, Sally-Ann  unloaded the car, went inside and placed all her  Christmas  shopping away in the back of her warbrobe, then went backmout to the lounge-room  and sat down onx the sofa.

"Phew What a mission that was," she thought to herself.

" Aunty Karen, Mummys home," Skyanne called out to her Aunt as she ran up to give her mother a hug.

"Hello sweetheart,  what did you and your Aunt get up to today?"

"We went down to the park and played on the swings, had fish and chips for lunch on the beach and came home. Later on  I helped Aunty Karen  pull out the Christmas  decorations  out of the back room, because  later on tonight when everyones finished having dinner, we're going to start putting the tree up," Skyanne  told her mother.

"Oh hi Sally-Ann,  yourhome early," Karen  said coming down the hallway carrying a box full of decorations  and placing them dow  in the floor next to the telly.

"Yep ended up completting everything a lot  quicker than we thought, so Tony sent me home. I stopped in  to do some  final  Christmas shopping  and ran into your brother. Your right  - he's not getting married. What's  in thebox?"  she said smiling at her friend.

"Christmas decorations.   Hang on a minute, rewind.... what was that?" she asked.

"I said I went did the last of my Christmas shopping. "

"No after that  - the part about my brother."

"Oh your right,  I got it straight from the horses mouth.  He knows nothing of it.  Said he never gave her a ring, let alone ask her to marry him. Says he has no intention  what-so-ever  of ever putting a ring on her finger,  let alone marrying her.  At first he didn't believe me;  must have thought I was crazy or something until I told him she literally  shoved that huge rock in my face. He was gobsmacked.  But there you have it - she's lying," Sally-Ann  told Karen.

"See, didn't  I say to you this was nothing but bullshit. I knew it wasn't true-  I knew my brother wouldn't  ask that cow to marry him,"Karen told her friend.

Meanwhile,  on the other side of town,  Steven  had just pulled up kut the front of his place, locked up the carand went inside to have words with Amanda.

"Just the person I'm looking for. Mind explaining  to me why on earth Sally-Ann  claims I asked you to marry me?"  he asked starring straight at her.

" I do not know what your talking about  or where she even got that kind of information  from. But it certainly  wasn't from me, "  Amanda  lied.

"Mm funny that, cause Sally-Ann  claims your the one who told her thjs and she even said that you have a ring to prove it.  Nkw tell mehow on earth is this possible  when 1. I never asked you to marry me and 2. I  certainly  didn't  give you any  fucken ring. So what game are you playing  at Amanda? " he demanded.

"O.M.G,  this girl's  off her head.  She's  just trying to cause drama between you and I, as I haven't  the faintest idea where she got that information  from," Amanda  fumed.

"Seriously, your going to stand there and tell me this isn't  true.... that Sally-Ann  is lying. I highly doubt it!  I have never known her to lie - not once," he retorted.

"Do you see any sign of a bloody ring on my finger  Steven? she said holding up  her left hand. "Well do you?" she protested.  "  No off -course  you don't,  cause it's not true. She is making it all up and like always  - you believe  her before you even consider believing  me. That little bitch can never do wrong in your eyes. Always  little Miss perfect  and you will always take her side before mine. It's  always going to be that way and I'm sick of it, " she fumed.

"That's  enough Amanda,  I wont stand here and listen to  downgrade  Sally-Ann   like that. I have never known her to go around making up stories or lie for that matter.... so why would she start now!"" he statted

"See, thats exactly  what I'm talking about, you taking her side and not listening to mine. I thought you loved me,"she said playing the guilt card.

"Don't  go pkaying that card Amanda,  the waterworks  aren't going  to do you any favors  this time round, "  he told ber as he started walking away from her.

"To hell witb ou Steven Young,  believe  the little bitches lies - see if I care..... but I'm telling you now that she's lying,"Amanda  yelled at him as she went to thier room and slammed the door behind her.

"Bloody woman," Steven said as he headed out the front, jumped into his car and headed into town.

Top of the page  is the fake engagement ring Amanda  showed to Sally-Ann.

Sorry for the short  chapter.
Please feel free to comment  and let me know what you guys thjnk of my story so far.
✌  peeps.