Chapter Fourteen

In the morning,  Sally-Ann  crawled out of bed, threw on a white long sleeve bardot crop top, blue stripped woven shorts, a pair of white flip flops, a shell necklace, a touch of blue eye  shadow and tied her hair back  intotwo plaits.
Stepping out of her room, she headed for the kitchen.

" Good morning Sally-Ann, how was your night?" Karen asked  pouring a fresh pot of  coffee.

"Not bad, was alright until I ran into that cow Amanda."

"Oh no, that doesn't  sound too reassuring, " Karen  saidas she tookaseat at the end of the table.

"Nothing I couldn't  handle."

"And handle it she did. You should have seen it Karen,  she poured a whole jug of beer over Amandas  head. I couldn't  help but laugh.... it was so funny. All Amanda could do was scream and carry on and Sally-Ann  kept it all calm, wished her a good day and we left.," Luke
said laughing.

"No-way, get out of here.... surly not our Sally-Ann,  she wouldn't  hurt a fly!"

"Yes our one and only Sally-Ann, " he said.

"Gee's  must have been a real dozey to peeved her off. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall  when you did that. So what did the caddie cow do this time to trigger you off like that? " Karen asked.

" The same old shit she always accuses  me of, but this time she threw in a bit more. You know she had the hide to accuse  me of sleeping my way to the top as a model. Amanda fucken Roberts of all people..... she's  got some nerve!  But the final straw was drawn when she yelled out at the top of her lungs -" What in a hurry to get home to jump lover-boys bones." I never felt so embarrassed  in all my life. So as you now know, I dumped a jug of beer over her head and told her it would help clean her dirty, flithy  mind and then we left."

"Way to go  Sally-Ann, "Kren chuckled, then added," I think it's about time that chickie had a wake up call and I've got a good mind to do just that."

"Why bother Karen, she never listens, " Luke statted the obvious.

"True, but on the same token Luke, it's  not on. That is twice now Amanda  has bailed Sally-Ann  up like that. How many more times is this bitch going to attack her? I'ts bloody wrong," Karen said shaking her head in disgust.

"You know what - enough talking about that peice of shit, let's  move onto something  else....... like what's  the plain for today?"  Sally-Ann  said changing  the subject.

"I'm thinking  along the lines of lunch on the beach, followed by a swim," Karen suggested.

Five minutes  later, they piled into the car and were heading for the beach. With the radio pumping, they sang along to ," Bad to  the bone," and  few other songs  before switching the radio off and playing a game of  I spy; which Skyanne  ended up winning.

Pulling into the parking bay, Luke turned the engine off and said, " We're here,  you can all get out of the car now and strench your legs."
"Yay, we're  here," Skyanne  said jumping out of the car and heading for the playground.

"Gosh, someone's all hyped up," Karen  joked.

" Yes she sure is, she just loves the beach.... says it's  favorite  place to go," Sally-Ann said.

"Look at me Mummy, look how high I can go.... almost as high as Superman," Skyanne  called out to her mother.
"Any higher sweetheart and  you'd  end up landing on the moon," her mother told her.
"Ha,ha,ha your funny Mummy. Only spaceman can land on the moon, not a little girl like me...... I'm not Superman.," Skyanne told her mother.