Chapter Nineteen. .

In the morning Karen was up making a fresh pot of coffee, when  Sally-Ann walked  and took her normal spot  at the table. Pouring herself a cup of coffee she asked where Luke and Skyanne  were.
Karen told her they were outside trying to teach Hope how to fetch.

After finishing  their coffee, both girls went to do some research on Mc Ardle  and to look through the photos they had taken.

Turning  on the computer,  Karen  started doing her research  and found out that back in the 1920's, Lake Mc Ardle  once had a mining  shaft there and the cabin they had stumbled across use to cater  for 48 men. It was one of 8 cabins all up; 6 men too each cabin sleeping  in what was knowen as cots. The woman stayed behind to look after the children and to attend to the huts.

Researching further she found that the aboriginal  paintings they spotted in the caves were there way before the minners had even built there. It told a  story of a young man and the tribe he was in,  who had first dicoverd  Mc Ardle. It also  told the story of the ways of the land and his  hunting ability, and  of the love be had for a young  maiden: the chiefs  daughter.

Once they had gathered up all the information on  Lake Mc Ardle,  both the girls sat back putting all the photos , plus information  into an ablum; doing a before and after page  at the very front of the ablum.

As the day came to an end, Luke had prepared  a lamb hotpot for dinner.
Once they had finished   eatting, they all moved out into the lounge-room  to watch a bit of telly before heading to bed.

                                                                                ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

In the morning,  Sally-Ann  was  up gathering a list for Skyanne's booklist and a few items she needed for her first day of school, when Karen happened  to have walked in and asked what she was doing.

After telling her, Karen holds up her arms and says," Oh sounds like someone needs a hug!"

Within 10 minutes,  Sally-Ann  was outthe door heading  to the shops to buy Skyanne's  school books, uniform , school bag and lunch box.
After  she had finished  grabbing what she  needed,  she piled everything into the car and headed home.

                                                                     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Tuesday morning came too quickly for Sally-Ann's  liking.  She was up early getting Skyanne's  stuff ready for her first day at school, when her daughter walked into the kitchen, plonked herself down on the chair and grabbed  herself some toast.

"I hope Catilyn is going to the same school as me and is in my class. We're going to be best friends  just like you and Aunty Karen, " Skyanne  told her mother. Sally-Ann laughed.

When  they had finished  their breakfast, Sally-Ann grabbed her handbg, car keys and hurried Skyanne  up, got intothe car and was heading towards the school.

Within 5 minutes,  she has pulled up out the front of the school, took Skyanne  straight to her classroom , got her settled in and wished her a good day as she hugged her and left.

Driving to work, Sally-Ann  thought about how her daughter would be doing o  her first day at school nd how she would like it.
Then she thought about when  she was little and still at school and laughed at the thought that played in her head.