Chapter 8

"What makes you think she's an enemy? I agree that it's bizarre that she was the only one who noticed but if she is an enemy, why was she so scared?" Greed asked angrily. Ling never heard Greed sound so angry before. It was a new sound to his ears. Ling stopped protesting. Lan Fan returned with Jeanie's whereabouts.

"Young Lord, I've returned," Lan Fan spoke plainly.

"You know where she is?" Greed asked curiously. Lan fan nodded.

"She's at a hotel on the eastern side of town," Lan Fan stated, "She's still awake. The boy she's with is already asleep." Greed nodded.

"Keep an eye on her. She's able to sense me. Come back when she's asleep." Greed commanded. Lan fan nodded and left to keep tabs on Jeanie.

"This is a bad idea," Ling said trying to convince Greed to leave her alone.

"Shut up. It's not like she can kill us. I'm immortal. As long as I'm alive, you're alive. Quit worrying." Greed said as he went up to the roof. The wind was blowing past greed whipping his long hair around in the wind. The bad feeling Ling had never gone away. Greed didn't notice the bad feeling Ling had. His mind was focused on Jeanie.

"She's somehow allured me. I don't even think she's realized it herself. I have to have her. No doubt in my mind." Greed thought to himself.

♤♡◇♧~~~~~~~

Jeanie was sitting on the window ledge of her hotel. She was looking over at the mountains where she knows Dominic's house is. Last she heard, Dominic had a grandson. However, her mind wasn't exactly on Dominic or Paninya.

"A homunculus," Jeanie said to herself as she stared out at the setting sun. Mason had already called Izumi letting her know they found a place to stay, neglecting to tell her about Jeanie's trip to the hospital. "I should be terrified. Strangely, I'm not. Izumi would kill me if she knew everything." Jeanie said to herself. Jeanie looked at the wall separating her room from Mason's. Jeanie laughed to herself. Jeanie looked out her window to see a fire escape. She put her backpack under a blanket just in case Mason wanted to check on her. Jeanie hopped out the window and quietly shut the window. She left just enough space for her fingers to slip under so she could get back in. Jeanie tip-toed past Mason's window, stopping to take a sneak into his window making sure he was asleep. Jeanie smiled knowing that she was able to sneak out easily.

♤♡◇♧~~~~~

Meanwhile, Lan Fan watched as Jeanie snuck out of her hotel room.

"I must tell the young lord!" Lan Fan said as she raced back to the hospital where Greedling was waiting. She hopped from roof to roof as fast as she possibly could. She found Greedling sitting on the roof awaiting her return. Once she landed on the roof, she was met with Greed's piercing stare.

"She's asleep?" Greed asked. Lan Fan shook her head.

"She snuck out," Lan Fan huffed, "I don't know where she's going." Greed sighed.

"She's a troublesome doll, ain't she?" Greed said more to himself and Lan Fan. He pulled out a pistol and took out the bullets.

"Where the hell did you get that?!" Ling shouted.

"Here," Greed said ignoring Ling as he handed the gun to Lan Fan, " If she gets into too much trouble for you to handle, fire this and I'll come racing over." Lan Fan nodded and went back to following Jeanie. She found Jeanie talking to a shady figure. He pointed her off into a direction that led to an assortment of abandoned warehouses.

"Where the hell is this girl going?" Lan Fan asked herself. She followed Jeanie to a brightly lit warehouse. Lan Fan could hear music blasting through the roof. It resonated in her chest. It was terribly loud. She found a hole in the roof and looked in. She could see a handmade ring for amateur fighters. They were using alchemy. She could see money being exchanged among all the patrons in the warehouse.