Chapter 14

"There you are!" Winry yelled. Jeanie flinched as she turned her head. Her eyes met with Greed's. Greed approached Jeanie.

"Didn't think you could get away from me now, did you?" Greed asked putting his arm around Jeanie.

"You two know each other?" Winry asked confusedly. Jeanie nodded.

"Yup," Greed chimed, "I made her mine." Winry's face turned red.

"I didn't know you two had that kind of relationship! I'll leave you two alone!" Winry said as she sped off.

under "It's not like that!" Jeanie yelled, "DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH HIM!!!!!" Winry didn't even turn back to look at the two.

"Hey, now. I'm not a bad guy," Greed commented. Jeanie only rolled her eyes in response. Greed's voice softened a bit. "I didn't know you had an automail leg."

"It's not uncommon to have an automail limb," Jeanie said walking back to the shop.

"Hey, where ya going?" Greed said following Jeanie.

"To get my leg back. I'm saddled with a spare until my mechanic comes back." Jeanie said coldly.

"I'll come too!" Greed said happily as he followed Jeanie, "So what happened to your leg anyway?"

"An accident," Jeanie said coldly. Greed stopped expecting more details. He could feel himself getting quite irritated with Jeanie's cold attitude. He grabbed Jeanie's arm and pulled her into an alley that led behind some shops. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Jeanie yelled angrily.

"Would ya shut up already!" Greed yelled just as angrily, "Why are you even acting like this towards me?"

"You stalked her..." Ling, who was partly entertained by Greed's desire for this girl, chimed. Greed only rolled his eyes.

"First you followed me then you sent that lady to follow me," Jeanie argued.

"In both instances, I saved your life. You ought to be more grateful." Greed responded.

"Mason was grateful. He wanted to thank you but you left. Don't tell me about being grateful." Jeanie said without holding back. Jeanie sighed trying not to get too angry. Greed was absolutely right. However, she wasn't about to admit that to him. "Why did you save me? You could've let me get caught or die. Why go through the trouble?" Jeanie asked in a softer tone. Greed's anger melted away as he heard the softness in her voice. He gave her his usual toothy smile that could any normal woman fall his spell.

"Well, like I said earlier. I want you. How can I have you if you're dead or locked up?" Greed said moving closer to her face. However, Jeanie let out a chuckle making Greed pause with uncertainty.

"God, you're cheesy," Jeanie laughed. Greed felt an anime vein pop out his forehead. Before he could protest her, Jeanie grabbed his shirt and pulled him into a kiss. Greed felt his eyes widen. Before he could try to return the kiss, Jeanie removed herself and smiled confidently. "Thank you for saving me." She said as she began walking away leaving Greed completely stunned. Even Ling was left in awe.

"She actually kissed you?!" Ling said hardly believing the display that laid out before him.

"She actually kissed me..." Greed responded as he tried to savor the softness of Jeanie's lips on his, "Well, when I said she ought to be grateful, I didn't think she'd actually take it into consideration." Greed quickly shook his head and snapped himself out of his daze. Greed ran out of the alley to try and catch up with her. Once again, she was lost to him. "How does she keep escaping me?!" Greed yelled in frustration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeanie giggled at Greed's frustration of her slipping from his sight once again as she hid among the crowd. She continued to snake through the crowd to get back to the automail shop where she was met with Mason's stern glare.

"Explanation. Now." He said as Jeanie chuckled nervously.

"It's my fault," Winry spoke up, "I left her alone with an old friend of mine. Where did he go anyway?"

"No clue," Jeanie said with an indestructible smile on her face.

"Oh! Dominic came back. He's working on your leg right now." Winry said as she gestured towards the back room. Jeanie's eyes widened in excitement.

"Really?! I'm gonna poke my head in and say hello," Jeanie said forgetting the fact Dominic hates being bothered while he works. Jeanie crept to the back door and as quiet as a mouse. Before her body was fully past the door, a wrench came flying at her. "AAAHH!" she screamed.

"Don't you ever learn!" Dominic yelled as he stepped out from his cave where he was working, "Don't bother me while I'm working!"