Chapter 19

Without giving it a second thought, Greed ran to the dead-end where Kimblee had Jeanie trapped.

"I finally found you~" Kimblee cooed as he clapped his hands together. Red light filled the alley.

"Jeanie!" Greed yelled as he ran into the alley.

"Greed!" Jeanie yelled in shock as she sees him run towards her. She shut her eyes tightly as Greed pulled her into his chest. The sound of Greed groaning in pain scratched against her ear. The stinging pain in her leg began to grow rapidly. Jeanie couldn't hold in her shriek in pain. She could feel the blood trickling down from her mouth. Her grip on Greed grew even tighter and she tried to control her reaction to the aggressive pain soaring through her leg all the way to her stump and up to her torso. The sound of metal clanking echoed in her ears.

"Young lord!" Lan Fan yelled as she jumped down and threw a flash bomb. Before Jeanie realized it, she was picked up and flying through the air. The pain in Jeanie's leg was excruciating. She could barely keep her eyes open.

"M-my automail...." Jeanie groaned lightly as she tried to maintain her consciousness but overall failing. When Greed looked down to tell her it's been shattered, Jeanie was unconscious.

"Jeanie?" Greed said stopping on the roof that was on the border of the side streets, "Jeanie, wake up!" Lan Fan scurried over to Greed who was shaking in his shoes worried that Jeanie would never wake up again. Ling, too, was fearful for Jeanie. He couldn't muster any words to reassure himself let alone Greed. Lan Fan placed two fingers on Jeanie's neck.

"She's alive just unconscious." Lan Fan said. Ling's onyx eyes peered onto Jeanie's face.

"I thought I let another person die. I can still save her," Ling said to himself as he rested his face on her neck underneath her chin.

"Young lord, we have to get her to her mechanic. Her leg has been completely destroyed." Lan Fan said.

"I know where it is," Ling said as he began running from building top to get back to the automail shop. When they finally reached Dominic's automail shop, Ling burst through the doors. Dominic looked over with his usual stoic and disgruntled expression to see Jeanie unconscious and with a dried stream of blood peeking from the corner of her lips and blazed a trail down her chin. For once, that stoic expression was greatly disturbed. No words could be ushered past his tongue.

"What happened to her?" Mason yelled as he ran up to her.

"I'll explain later. Her leg has been completely shattered." Ling said as he slightly gripped her arm.

"Bring her back here," Dominic said with a dark look in his eye. Ling felt a little uncertain about taking Jeanie back there. Dominic sighed annoyingly. "How can I work on her leg if you're holding her?" Dominic barked. Ling steadily took Jeanie in the back room with Dominic. The entire time, Ling held onto Jeanie's hand.

"Are you going to tell me what happened or are you going to keep gawking at my daughter?" Dominic said "I'm not sure you'd understand," Ling said without taking his eyes off Jeanie.

"I understand enough to know you're that homunculus she kissed," Dominic shot.

"Not exactly," Ling said feeling slightly jealous of Greed at the moment.

"That was me!" Greed said proudly flashing his glowing red eyes at Dominic, "I agree with my counterpart. I doubt you'd fully understand the world Jeanie got a glimpse of." Dominic analyzed Greed. He noted his arrogant, cocky red eyes and his dominant, rough voice.

"How did you change your eye color so quickly?" Dominic questioned.

"Well, pops, you see I'm the homunculus she kissed. I share this body with the xingese brat you were talking to just now." Greed said as he gently rubbed Jeanie's cheek with his index finger.

"I'm still waiting to know what happened to Jeanine," Dominic hissed. Greed sighed a bit sadly.

"I wasn't with her when we both sensed something. She probably thought it was me and went after it. It turned out to be a chimera." Greed answered, "Are you happy with that answer, pops?"