Chapter 28

"GET OUT OF MY DAUGHTER'S ROOM THIS INSTANT!!!" Izumi roared as she punched Greed in the face so hard he flew back out of Jeanie's window. Then, she turned to Jeanie. Jeanie froze in her tracks. Izumi gave Jeanie a stern glare as she walked to the window sill and clapped her hands before placing them on the ledge, creating bars on Jeanie's window. Jeanie watched Izumi speechlessly. Izumi moved towards Jeanie with her usual stern look and slapped Jeanie. "I told you I don't want you seeing him!" Izumi yelled at Jeanie.

"Mom-"

"No, Jeanie!" Izumi shouted, "I told you he couldn't be trusted! And apparently, you can't be either. I don't want you seeing him. From now on, you'll be staying within eyesight. You'll leave your bedroom door open anytime you're in here." Izumi clapped her hands together and turned the hinges into metal balls. Izumi walked away with Jeanie's door in tow. Jeanie went to her window and opened it. The bars Izumi made prevented Jeanie from looking very far.

"Greed?" Jeanie whispered, "Are you still there?" Jeanie didn't hear any response; she assumed Greed left and closed her window. Jeanie sighed as she plopped onto her bed. She stared at her ceiling, eyes narrowed, and brows furrowed. "I'll wait until she falls asleep," Jeanie thought to herself, "I'll just sneak out like usual."

"Jeanie! Come out here where I can see you!" Izumi yelled. Jeanie rolled her eyes and got off of her bed, making sure to grab a comic book.

Greed sat on the roof of Jeanie's house, rubbing his cheek where Izumi punched him.

"I hadn't expected Izumi to react like that," Ling said, rubbing the back of his head. Greed growled as he rubbed his head. He jumped down from the roof and proceeded to look into the windows to try and find Jeanie. He found her lying on the couch, reading a comic book. He could see Izumi in the kitchen washing the dishes. Greed tried waving his arms around to get Jeanie's attention. However, that resulted in Izumi nearly catching him. She walked to the window, catching Jeanie's eye.

"Something wrong?" Jeanie asked, looking back at her comic book. Izumi looked out the window but saw nothing. She turned a suspicious eye to Jeanie.

"Are you signaling someone?" Izumi asked giving Jeanie a slight glare. Jeanie turned her head to see her mom glaring at her.

"What? I have no one to signal. You chased out Greed. I don't even know where he went. I doubt he'd be stupid enough to stay here," Jeanie snapped as she whipped her head back to reading her comic book. Izumi sighed sadly, replaying the angry and irritated stare. Izumi walked back to the kitchen. She noticed Jeanie's stern glare at the comic book as she walked by. Greed, who was hiding until the window sill, peaked inside where Jeanie stayed reading. Began waving his arms again. This time, catching Jeanie's attention. Her eyes widened and brightened at the sight of Greed. Before she could say anything, Jeanie quickly covered her mouth to keep Izumi from noticing. Instead, Jeanie dug in between the couch cushions and pulled out a marker. She promptly wrote on the back of her comic book, 

'I'm leaving tonight. Meet me at Devil's Nest' 

and showed it to Greed.

"What are you doing?" Mason asked causing Jeanie to jump up from her spot on the couch.

"Dear lord," Jeanie gasped, "You scared me half to death." Greed's eyes widened, seeing Mason. Ling could feel Greed's anger and thirst for violence, building up the more Greed stared at Jeanie.

"Greed?" Ling said cautiously. Ling noticed Greed's ultimate shield activate. "Greed!" Ling yelled, snapping Greed from his bloodlust.

"I'm fine," Greed said, ducking underneath the windowsill to regain himself, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Ling asked. Greed nodded sneaking away from the Curtis house.

"Yeah. Come on. We got time to kill," Greed said, creating some distance between Mason and himself.

"He's leaving," Jeanie's mind told her. Jeanie couldn't help but feel a pang of loneliness sweep her mind when she heard that Greed left already.

"Are you alright?" Mason asked, noticing Jeanie's sad stare at the window.

"I'm okay," Jeanie sighed. She shook her head to get rid of the sad feeling lingering in her mind. "Why are you here, anyway? Are you going to tell my mom more about the trip?" Jeanie shot.

"What?" Mason bewildered.

"You told my mom about everything. You never kept anything secret!" Jeanie shouted.