Chapter 20

"Are you happy with that answer, pops?"

"I thought chimera's don't exist," Dominic inquired. Greed let out another chuckle.

"Wrong again," Greed said with a hint of enthusiasm, "There's plenty of perfectly created chimeras. What do you think of artificial humans?"

"I'd like to say they don't exist either but you're living proof," Dominic answered.

"Ding ding ding. Finally got one right. I'm a little special. I wasn't expecting to share this body. Any average person would've drowned in the sea of souls embedded in the philosopher's stone. This brat sticks out. That's the only reason he and I share this body," Greed said. He averted his eyes back to Jeanie.

"What happened to her leg?" Dominic asked.

"Have you heard of the crimson alchemist?" Greed asked curiously. Dominic nodded.

"He was a state alchemist, wasn't he?"

"Yep. He was the one who destroyed her leg," Greed said gently rubbing Jeanie's head. He soon began talking to himself, "I tried shielding her as much as I could. Her screams still echo in my head. Hers is the only scream that I can make out in the sea of screams I was born with."

"Kimblee is a lot faster than us," Ling said, "We're lucky to have shielded her at all."

"Tell me," Dominic inquired as his tone getting more and more hostile, "How did you come to meet my daughter? Out of all the people in the world, why her?"

"I wasn't looking for her. I sensed something here. I don't know if it was her or Kimblee. She was simply the first of the two I encountered. I don't regret meeting her. I never will," Greed said not taking his eyes off Jeanie.

"What are they talking about?" Paninya asked as she, Winry, and Mason were crouched on the ground, looking inside the backroom where Dominic and Greed were talking. The girls looked over at Mason looked like he wanted to break the door.

"Who the hell is he? How does Jeanie know him? Why the hell does he keep touching her?" Mason growled as he clutched the door to the point where the wood began to split.

"That's Greedling," Winry said.

"That homunculus guy you told me about?" Paninya asked. Winry nodded. Meanwhile, Mason could feel his blood boiling.

"What's your problem?" Paninya asked curiously, "You're not jealous are you?" Mason glanced up at Paninya to see her smirking down at her.

"Don't be ridiculous," Mason snarled, "Her dad would kill me if he knew what was happening. Her mom would too,"

"Dominic's leaving," Winry whispered. The three of them watched intently through the doors as Dominic walked out of sight. Greed glanced around the room for a quick second before leaning down and planting a light kiss on Jeanie's lips. Mason's hands began to tremble. His face began turning noticeably red. The girls watched as he stood up. His hands were turned into fists. Slowly, he walked through the doors. Winry and Paninya watched in anticipation. Greed noticed Mason walk into the room. Greed removed himself from Jeanie. Greed cocked an eyebrow realizing Mason's position.

"Oh great," Greed said as Mason pulled his an arm back and punched Greed square in the jaw. Greed fell on his back and began laughing evilly. "You love her," Greed said as he stood up from the floor without so much as a scratch. Mason couldn't say anything through his angry huffs. "You're really going to fight me over her? I can kill you before you come running at me." Greed hissed. Jeanie began groaning. The two looked at her with concern in the eyes.

"What happened?" Jeanie asked. Greed glanced at Mason before approaching Jeanie.

"Your automail leg was destroyed by that chimera," Greed said gently cupping her cheek. Jeanie's face heated up at Greed's gentle touch, "I brought you back here. Dominic is working on your leg right now." Mason watched as Jeanie and Greed conversed. He could feel a pit in his stomach growing larger and larger.

"When your leg is finished, we're going home," Mason said walking out.

"Are you serious?" Jeanie said as Mason closed the door behind him, "Mason!" Jeanie looked a little fearfully to Greed. She shook her head slightly. "I'm not ready to leave yet."