Chapter 11

"By the way, how did I get here? The last thing I remember was the Military police flooding the entire warehouse. I should be locked up by now." Lan Fan and Ling exchanged looks.

"Well, you see Greed um... He..." Lan Fan tried to say. She looked to Ling for help.

"Let me talk to her!" Greed yelled.

"Hell no! If you tell her, she'll think we're stalkers!" Ling replied angrily.

"Uh, Lan Fan has fought there too!" Ling blurted out nervously.

"Really?" Jeanie said doubtfully. She looked to Lan Fan who was nodding nervously. Jeanie sighed annoyingly.

"Look you don't have to lie. With all that's happened recently, I doubt your answer will make it any weirder." Jeanie said a little frightened of what truth they might give her.

"You'd think that and you'd be wrong," Ling muttered. Jeanie kept looking between the two waiting for an answer.

"Xing-y boy! Let me talk to her!" Greed yelled irritatingly. Ling sighed knowing that was really the best option.

"Ugh, fine," Ling said aloud. Jeanie looked at him curiously. "I'll let Greed explain. I'm not exactly sure how to put any of this into words." Jeanie watched as Ling closed his onyx eyes. She marveled as she watched the eyes open and show a red hue.

"Hiya," Greed said flashing a toothy smile. Jeanie backed away a slight bit not wanted to get caught in his grasp again.

"Can you explain to me why I'm not in prison right now?" Jeanie asked keeping her wits about her.

"Sure," Greed said pointing to Lan Fan, "She gotcha before the military police could." Ling covered his eyes in frustration.

"But why was she there?" Jeanie asked pressing the question.

"I sent her to keep an eye on you." Greed said proudly and without so much as a hint of guilt. Jeanie felt her eye twitch. Ling dragged his hand down his face. Even Lan Fan looked at Greed in disbelief.

"Idiot," Ling muttered.

"This is insane. I gotta get back before Mason wakes up." Jeanie said too tired to deal with Greed. She turned to walk back to the fire escape when Greed grabbed her wrist.

"I already told you. I want everything. You are definitely no exception." Greed said pulling her into his chest. Jeanie wasn't about to let Greed rule over her. She froze the water in the air and froze Greed where he stood.

"As I said, I'm no one's possession," Jeanie said smirking as she jumped down to the fire escape. She quietly opened her window and snuck back in. She looked at her clock as it read, 7:13. She tip-toed back inside.

"Look who decided to come back." Jeanie froze before slouching and sighing roughly.

"How long were you up?" Jeanie asked annoyingly.

"I heard you leave your room. The fire escape, really?" Mason asked angrily. "Where did you go? What did you do? If you don't tell me, I'm calling Izumi right now."

"Argh, damn it." Jeanie muttered as she plopped herself on the bed, "Alright but if I tell you, are you still going to call mom?" Mason sighed as he stood up and sat next to Jeanie.

"I should. I really should but if you're honest with me, I won't." Mason said.

"Alright. I met up with Paninya at a fighting ring for Alchemists." Jeanie answered.

"Did you fight?" Mason asked. Jeanie shook her head. Mason sighed and smiled gently as he placed his hand on her head. Jeanie flinched and nearly screamed in pain. "Are you going to be honest or am I going to have to tap you on the head where that bump is?"

"Alright fine. I was in one fight but the other guy experienced a rebound. The impact sent me and I landed head first into a pole. That's why there's a bump on my head." Jeanie said, "So technically I didn't fight."

"Do you still want to visit Dominic?" Mason asked.

"Yeah," Jeanie answered. Mason helped Jeanie stand up and led her to the door and followed her to Dominics, "Before we go, I need to stop by an automail shop. My leg is bothering me. Paninya is helping at a shop with another friend of hers."

"Does your leg hurt?" Mason asked.

"Just a little. It's also a little stiff." Jeanie replied.

"Alright. I'll follow you to the shop." Mason said.

Meanwhile, on the roof, red electricity shattered the ice.
"Damn, she's no novice I can say that much." Greed said. He looked over at Lan Fan who sat there the entire time. "You didn't think to help?" Greed asked. Lan Fan got on one knee and hung her head.

"My apologies to the young lord. However, you, Greed, did deserve it." Lan Fan making eye contact with him. Greed scoffed and jumped down to the fire escape to Jeanie's room. However, he found it empty.

"Where the hell did she go?" Greed said under his breath.