Chapter 27

"I want to take Greed up on his offer to run away," Jeanie announced. Ling's eyes widened.

"You can't be serious," Ling gawked, "Why would you want to run away?"

"I can't trust anyone in that house," Jeanie growled as she stood up, "I'm leaving tonight. You can either come with me or see me on posters stapled throughout Dublith." Jeanie left money on the table and walked away. Ling was at a loss. He was asleep when Greed made a deal with Jeanie.

"Jeanie, wait!" Ling called. Jeanie stopped before turning around to face Ling, "If you're bent on running away, I'll go with you." Jeanie nodded and walked back to her house, where she snuck in through her bedroom window and stayed until dinner.

"Wake up, Greed!" Ling yelled as he entered his hotel room.

"What do you want?" Greed groaned.

"You asked Jeanie to run away with you!" Ling angrily shouted.

"Yeah, you've seen what that guy did to her! I can take care of her!" Greed shouted, "Where did she go? I wanna see her!" Greed quickly took control of the body and began running to find Jeanie. Ling sat inside the philosopher stone, not saying a word. Greed found the Curtis home. He watched as Mason and Sid went to the meat shop next door. He snuck up to the house, running along the side of the house. He found Jeanie dancing in her room with headphones on her head and in her hand was a hairbrush that she was singing into like it was a microphone. Greed stood outside Jeanie's window and slowly lifted the glass upwards. He leaned on her window sill watching her jump around. Jeanie didn't stop until two minutes later when she finally saw Greed staring at her with a giant grin on his face.

"Oh. My. God," Jeanie gasped, wholly mortified.

"Encore! Encore!" Greed yelled cheekily. Jeanie covered her beet-red face as sunk to the ground and slithered under her covers. Greed chuckled as he hopped in through the window into Jeanie's bedroom. Jeanie was balled up under her comforter with no intention of coming out. Greed sat on Jeanie's bed with his back leaning against the wall. "Do you plan on coming out?" Greed asked as he poked Jeanie.

"Nope. Never," Jeanie said quickly. Greed chuckled and pulled the covers off Jeanie.

"You're gonna have to come out if you plan on leaving with me," Greed said as he looked down at Jeanie with a soft smile on his face. Jeanie shyly looked up at Greed and sat up.

"Ling told you?" Jeanie asked.

"He did," Greed smiled. Jeanie shuffled up and sat next to Greed, leaning her head on his shoulder, "He also said you're leaving tonight."

"So what?" Jeanie shot.

"Why the rush to leave so soon?" Greed casually asked as he put his arm around her.

"I can't trust anyone here with anything," Jeanie said, "No one here can keep their mouths shut about anything. It's irritating,"

"I know how annoying it is when people can't stop talking," Greed chimed.

"I'm tired of staying here. I want to see what's out there. I have plenty of money from my fights just here in Dublithe. Imagine how much I could make if I do different fights in different fights in different areas," Jeanie said, smiling.

Meanwhile, Izumi was still home. As Izumi was walking to her room, she can hear Jeanie talking in her room.

"She came back?" Izumi thought to herself, "Who is she talking to?" Izumi pressed her ear on the door.

"I can't do anything here..." Izumi heard Jeanie say through the door. Izumi slowly and quietly turned the knob and burst into Jeanie's room to surprise Jeanie and Greed. Her eyes widened at the two. Jeanie and Greed quickly jumped up from Jeanie's bed, speechless. Greed remembered Izumi from the year before. He knew she was not a force to be reckoned.

"Mom, before you say anything-"

"GET OUT OF MY DAUGHTER'S ROOM THIS INSTANT!!!" Izumi roared as she punched Greed in the face so hard he flew back out of Jeanie's window. Then, she turned to Jeanie.