Chapter 34

"Well if I wasn't awake then I am now. SO WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" Greed bellowed. Jeanie stood in shock. She never fully realized how powerful Greed's healing ability was.

"You chopped off her friend's arm! You know damn well what that was for!" Lan Fan yelled back.

"She was screaming in pain! What else was I supposed to do?" Greed responded.

"Punch him! Push him! Even break his arm! He's probably dead from blood loss!" Lan Fan shouted. Jeanie covered her mouth. Tears welled up in her eyes. Her best friend... is dead? Jeanie couldn't listen to Lan Fan and Greed arguing. The thought of Mason being dead struck a nerve within the depths of her soul. Jeanie argued with herself about going back to see if Mason was alive. If he was alive, then what? She'd have to sneak out of Dublithe all over again. She didn't do a good job the first time. Jeanie snuck away from the two to be alone. Little did she know she was being closely watched.

Mason opened his eyes to find himself in a hospital.

"Oh good you're finally awake," Mason looked over and spotted a familiar blonde with light skin and pretty blue eyes.

"I know you," Mason weakly spoke, "You're Paninya's friend."

"Winry Rockbelle," Winry said with a bright smile.

"How did you know I was here?" Mason groaned.

"I didn't. Paninya found you and called me when she noticed your missing hand." Mason looked down to see his left forearm wrapped in bandages.

"He did this," Mason seethed under his breath, anger growing under his skin and coursing through his veins, "That son of a bitch."

"Who?" Winry asked concerned.

"No one. How fast can you hook me up with an automail hand?" Mason asked too eagerly. Winry jumped at the sudden question.

"I can make you a hand and perform the procedure to attach it but it'll take at least a week. Think you could wait?" Winry asked. Mason nodded easily. There was an evil tint in his eyes that didn't escape Winry's eyes. It worried her. "Say, who did this to you anyway?" Winry asked, curious of the answer she'd receive from Mason.

"I'll tell you who once the procedure is done," Mason replied darkly. A shiver ran down Winry's spine. She could feel the malice in the air and she didn't like it.

"I hope I'm not helping him kill someone...." Winry thought to herself. A loud banging sound rang throughout the room.

"Is asshat awake yet?" Paninya whispered after kicking in the door, "Oh, he is." The two looked at Paninya in awe. The once heavy air was now light with laughter.

"I'm sure everything will be just fine," Winry thought happily to herself.

Still worried about Mason, Jeanie snuck over to the next train car to try and clear her mind. She dragged her feet down the halls of the train. Jeanie was so focused on her thoughts, she didn't notice someone creeping up behind her. An arm whipped around Jeanie's neck and a large, calloused hand covered her mouth. Jeanie stomped on the man's foot and threw her head into his nose. The man punched Jeanie in the face, sending her stumbling back into a wall. Jeanie groaned as she caught a glimpse of a familiar tattoo on the back of the man's neck. Her mind traveled to the memory of the tattoo on Greed's hand

"Who the hell was that?" Jeanie groaned as she stood up, "Why did he have the same tattoo as Greed?"

"There you are," Jeanie whipped her head to see Greed walking towards her. She quickly ran into his chest, gripping his torso for dear life. "Woah Woah. What happened?" Greed lifted Jeanie's head to see a bruise forming on the side of her face. His brows furrowed and his anger rose. "Who did this to you?" Greed growled.

"I-i don't know," Jeanie whimpered on the brink of tears. Greed hugged Jeanie tightly. "He had a tattoo like yours, but it wasn't red. It was black."

"A black ouroboros?" Ling asked.

"I don't know anyone who has an ouroboros. Not anymore at least." Greed replied to Ling, making sure to keep his mouth shut around Jeanie.

"You're sure you're the last homunculus?" Ling questioned.

"I'm certain." Greed said trying to think of who else could possibly have an ouroboros tattoo.