Chapter 17

When Dominic let go, Jeanie sprang onto her new leg.

"I made it less prone to rust. I also made your leg more like Paninya's. You should be able to jump higher and possibly run faster. Just be careful. I don't want to have to make you a second leg." Dominic said.

"Thanks, Dominic," Jeanie said happily as she began to run outside to test her new leg. However, Mason caught her arm before she could get far.

"Where do you think you're going now?" Mason asked knowing that Jeanie had already left him numerous times. He wasn't about to let her run off again.

"I'm going to try out my new leg," Jeanie said happily.

"Not without me you aren't," Mason said following Jeanie out the door. The moment Jeanie set foot outside, she jumped putting more emphasis on her mechanical leg.

"Whee~" Jeanie squealed as she flew into the air and landed on the roof of the automail shop.

"Now how you gonna get down, genius?" Mason yelled. Jeanie smiled tauntingly as she stepped over the ledge and landed on her automail leg.

"This leg is freakin' awesome!" Jeanie squeaked as she hopped around excitedly.

"They're watching you..." Her mind spoke.

"I don't care! Let him watch!" Jeanie said happily as she jumped around on her leg. She couldn't spot Greed anywhere but if her mind said that he was watching somewhere, then she believed it. Her mind hasn't lied to her yet.

Greed and Lan Fan could see Jeanie giggling as she jumped around.

"I guess she got her new appendage," Lan Fan commented. Greed chuckled as he watched Jeanie. However, he felt like something else was watching her too. He couldn't put his finger on it. It was a gut feeling that made his stomach turn. His heart was pounding in his throat. This was something he hadn't felt in a long time. In over two hundred years to be exact.

"You sense that too?" Ling said.

"Yeah, It almost like it's not human...." Greed muttered to himself.

"A homunculus?" Ling asked in shock.

"No. They were all killed during the battle with father. Well, except for the greatest one of them all." Greed responded in a serious tone.

"Which is that one?" Ling asked curiously.

"He's strong and smart. Nothing like anyone's ever seen. He's also a really good looking guy," Greed said.

"Who is it?" Ling asked. Greed smiled evilly.

"Greed the Avaricious!" Greed said proudly before Ling began to kick himself for falling for it. "But in all seriousness, I think it's a chimera." Ling couldn't help but agree. He knows good and well that unlike homunculi chimeras haven't completely wiped out. Those who made sure to stay under the radar and away from central, survival was almost certain. Greed and Lan Fan jumped down from the building and into the alley.

"Do you sense it?" Greed mumbled.

"Yes, I do," Lan Fan answered. Greed looked to Lan Fan. He wasn't necessarily asking her.

"You're worried about Jeanie?" Ling asked.

"I think it's easy to assume that Jeanie can also sense him." Greed said easily.

"What makes you say that?" Ling asked.

"She was able to sense us, wasn't she?" Greed reasoned, "What's to say she's not able to sense other inhuman creatures either?"

"IT'S AROUND THE CORNER," Jeanie's mind screamed. Jeanie rolled her eyes.

"Why doesn't he just come out? He knows I can sense him. Idiot," Jeanie grumbled. She stopped jumping around and began following her mind's tellings. She walked around the corner and didn't see Greed anywhere. "Where the hell is he?" Jeanie muttered to herself.

"IT'S AHEAD OF YOU," Her mind said. Jeanie paused. She didn't see Greed anywhere. She scanned the road ahead of her. A cold wind blew past her. Chills ran up her arms and down her legs, Goosebumps flooded her skin. The street was narrow. Less high traffic by the public. It was noticeably darker. The buildings were taller. This one street led into a maze of streets similar to this one. The air was tainted with the smell of garbage. Jeanie seen the flows of a cloak enter the side streets. She quickly followed it.

"Where's he going?" Jeanie said to herself, "Greed?" The cloaked figure paused before running again. "Hey! Wait for me!" Jeanie yelled as she ran into the maze of streets.