Chapter 25

Later that same night, Greed jumped off the train. He looked up at the sign that read Dublithe. He smirked devilishly. "I'll see you soon, Jeanie."

"All we gotta do is find Lan Fan, and she should lead us directly to Jeanie," Ling said happily. He enjoyed talking with Jeanie without having to explain Greed's antics to her.

"How do we find her?" Greed asked curiously.

"Before I tell you, promise me you won't hurt her friend. She'll only hate you if you try." Ling warned.

"Did you not see her arm?" Greed shouted, "Not to mention; the kid clocked me!"

"Forget your fragile ego for a second and think about what'll happen if he runs to Jeanie, telling her how you beat the crap out of him!" Ling shouted back. Greed growled caught between his pride and his feelings for Jeanie.

"Fine," He hissed, "I won't kill the kid."

"Good," Ling nodded, "Let's find Lan Fan." As Greed jumped around on the building tops, he found himself in a very familiar place. He stopped in front of a bar called the Devil's Nest.

"What's this place?" Ling asked curiously. Greed reached out to touch the door when a series of flashbacks swarmed his mind. His head began pounding, and he found himself in excruciating pain. He fell to the ground, unable to move. Greed kept seeing faces. They weren't familiar to him, and yet he felt an intense emotional pain emitting from these memories. "What the hell is happening?" Ling asked, feeling Greed's physical pain. Ling took control over the body and ran far away from the bar.

"That bar..." Greed gasped trying to catch his breath, "It's filled with the old Greed's memories. It'll be best to avoid that place." Ling noticed the hint of sadness is Greed's voice.

"If you say so," Ling said.

"I'm gonna stay here. Enjoy your time in control," Greed said as he had to process the memories of the old Greed. Ling nodded and began his search for Lan Fan. He finally found her outside on the roof across the street from Izumi and Sid's meat shop.

"Young Lord! You've made it," Lan Fan said happily.

"How have things been here?" Ling asked as he sat down next to her.

"No movement. The boy has been back in the shop working, and Jeanie hasn't gone anywhere. I imagine the trip tired her out. I'm surprised Greed isn't jumping down there right now," Lan Fan spat. Ling chuckled before remembering what happened to Greed hours ago.

"He's resting right now. Let's find a place to stay. We know where Jeanie is. No need to keep watching her for now." Ling said, standing up to find a hotel. Lan Fan stood up and followed Ling to a nearby hotel where they slept peacefully for the remainder of the night.

The next morning, Greed was the first to wake up. He looked around the room and found Lan Fan asleep on a separate bed. He got up and stretched himself. He quietly left the hotel room and went to see the Curtis home.

Jeanie's eyes opened to the blinding sun poking through her curtains. She hissed at the sun before rolling over to attempt and sleep longer. After fifteen minutes of trying to fall back asleep and failing, Jeanie finally got up from her bed. She slipped her feet into her slippers and walked into the kitchen, where Izumi was drinking coffee.

"Morning, mom," Jeanie happily said as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" Izumi asked.

"I slept alright until I woke up," Jeanie said cheekily. Izumi hummed in response. Jeanie sat down with a cup of coffee in her hands and took a small sip of her coffee. Izumi glanced at Jeanie worriedly. Jeanie quickly noticed Izumi's stare.

"Did I do something wrong?" Jeanie innocently asked as she replayed any and everything in the last seventeen years she did to warrant Izumi's concerned expression to try and figure out what Izumi is going to say.

"Not entirely," Izumi said, "Someone told me that you met someone in Rush Valley." Jeanie wasn't sure how to go about the subject.

"Yes," Jeanie said suspiciously.

"Why don't you tell me about him," Izumi said as she scooted closer to Jeanie who was eyeing Izumi with uncertainty.