1. We're through.

David's pov

Me and Liza just got back from dinner celebrating our 5th anniversary. Throughout the meal, I noticed that she wasn't as engaged in conversation like she usually is. I found that strange, because me and her were dating but also best friends. We could usually talk for hours on end. I tried to start up a conversation with her on the way back, but once again, she gave the laziest answers and was showing no interest to our conversations. "Can you believe that we've been together for 5 years? It's crazy!" I said trying to mend the awkward silence. "Mmhhm.'' she said nodding. I was about to try start some more small talk, but in couldn't focus. I pulled over so I could look at her while talking. "Look, Liza. What's wrong? You have been so distracted tonight, maybe even sad. If anything is going on tell me. You do trust me, right?" She just looked ahead and bit her lip. Still no response. "Right..?" I asked.

Liza's pov

I looked over at David. His eyes were glistening with tears as he looked at me. I let out a deep breath. "I don't know how to tell you David." I said quietly. "Tell me what?" He asked, his voice cracking mid sentence. "I- I just don't think it's- we're working out." I was struggling with my words. "Look what I'm trying to say is that we're through." I glanced over at him, as a single tear rolled down his cheek. He quickly blinked back his tears and nodded. "David... I'm sorry." He just shook his head and dried his eye with his sleeve.

The rest of the drive back to my house was silent. We got there, I got out of the car and David said, "I'll drop all your stuff off tomorrow," so quietly it could be mistaken for a whisper. I nodded. "Goodbye, David." I said, closing the door.

David's pov

Liza walked away before I could say my final goodbye, seeing as I probably won't have the balls to come back with her stuff tomorrow. I'll just ask Jason to do it. I had just bought a new house and I was gonna ask Liza to move in with me. I got home and seeing as there was no furniture, I sat with my back to the wall, crying into my knees.

The next day

It was the next day and I figured I would try and decorate the house to get my mind off things. After two hours on not being able to decide on a rug, I realised I needed a interior decorator. There was no way I would be able to do this myself. I suddenly had a flashback to one of my old friends from high school, Natalie.

Flashback

Me and Natalie were sitting in my new house in Vernon hills. "My parents said I can decorate my room however I want!" I said excited. "That's so cool!" She said. "My parents would never let me." We laugh. We were now standing in my empty bedroom, looking around. "Nice room." Said Natalie. "I see potential." I nod. "So I was thinking we could put a bed there, and maybe a wardrobe over ther-" I was cut off by Natalie. "Are you crazy? If you put a wardrobe over there you'd have no space for a desk. I say you put a wardrobe against that wall, and you need backing that way. See? You would have room for a desk and dresser either side of the room..." She spent the rest of the day givingnme decorating tips. Then a week after I'm left with a cool room.

Flashback over

I flipped through my contacts, eventually stumbling across her number. I took a deep breath and called her. She picked up after 3 rings.
"Hello?"
"Hey."
"Who is this?"
"Oh, right. Sorry. It's David. From high school."
"Ohh ok. Sorry. What's up?"
"So I know this will probably be really straight forward, but I need someone to help me decorate my new house. I'll pay for your flight and everything I just need you at the moment."
"Wow, David. I don't know what to say!" *Both laugh* "I would love to. Besides, you suck at decorating."
"Gee, thanks Nat." *Both laugh*
"What's wrong? You said you needed me. Are you ok? Or do you just need my help decorating."
"I rather talk about it in person. But anyways, when are you free to fly down?"
"Honestly Dave, whenever is perfect."
"Cool. How about Sunday? Or, is that too soon?"
"Sunday..... Yeah, that could work."
"Great. I'll text you the flight details and shit."
"Haha thanks Dave. Talk to you later."
"Bye, Nat. I'll pick you up at the airport in two days then."
"Yep."
"Cool. See you then."

The next day

The whole vlogsquad were hanging out at Jason and Todd's house. "Hey Dave!" Shouted Jason from across the room. I looked up from his phone. "What are you doing? I called your name like 3 times." I laughed nervously. "Oh I was just.. um... On Instagram." Me and Natalie had been texting again. "Really?" Said Jason doubtfully. I sighed. "I was texting my friend from high school." Jason raise an eyebrow. "Show a picture." Shouted Zane. I rolled my eyes at him. I realised I didn't have any pictures of her. I then went onto Instagram and searched her name. Her profile came up and there she was. I showed them my phone. "You're kidding." Said Zane. "She is gor-ge-ous., Zane knew she held a special place in my heart, because he showed me a picture of her in a red bikini and sunglasses. I shook my head and laughed. "Look at her." He said. "For real man, we have to meet her." I looked around and everyone was nodding in agreement. "Well," I began. "She is gonna be here on Sunday." Zane jumped up and cheered. "Yeah boy! I'm gonna get me a girl!" I looked at him, disgusted. "Dude..." I began. I didn't know what to say so I just let it go. She wasn't mine. I didn't like her that way. I shouldn't care... Right?