5. Assistant?

David's pov

I wake up panicking, remembering how I fell asleep editing the vlog. I have to upload in an hour! I open my laptop, ready to edit it the quickest I ever had in my life. I stop dead in my tracks, realising that it was already edited and exported, ready to be uploaded. I watch the video over and over, expecting it not to be edited the way I like, or an editing mistake somewhere in the video. Nothing. I exhale and run out of my room. I find Natalie in the kitchen, ordering postmates.

I immediately run over to give her a hug. She just laughs as I trap her in my grasp, swinging her around. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I say. I let her go and she laughs again. "What did I do?" She said, still in a fit of giggles. "Natalie, your editing skills are amazing. You did everything just how I like it. It was flawless, you're a natural-" He stops to think. "Natalie... Do you want to be my assistant?" Trust me, those words surprised me just as much as they did her.

"Wow Dave I don't know what to say!" She said, looking pretty overwhelmed. "Sorry if it's straight forward but you did an AMAZING job with editing and you get tasks done really quicky- you got my house decorated in 2 days. That's pretty amazing if you ask me." She giggled. "I still didn't finish decorating, may I remind you," she says, smiling up at me. "And I would really love to take the offer but I can't afford to move out to LA."

Natalie's pov

David looked at me and tilted his head, confused. "I really do appreciate your offer but I don't know how I'll manage to get a house or even apartment in LA-" I went on, but I was interrupted by David. "Bullshit." He said. "You can live here!" My mouth dropped open as I stated at him. "I don't wanna live in the big house all alone," he said, placing a hand on my arm. "If you agree you'll have everything sorted out. Housing, food, job..." I have to say, he was starting to convince me. "I'll pay well... I promise!" He said making us both laugh. "I'll think about it." I replied. He hugged me and thanked me. "Thank you Nat. You will not regret this!" He shouted over his shoulder as he skipped into his bedroom. "I better not!" I shouted back, sitting down at the counter.

~~~~~~~

The doorbell rang and I jumped up to answer it. I opened it to see a van, I'm assuming that it contained David's furniture. Perfect. David was out the house so if I was lucky, I could get it done before he gets home. "We have furniture delivered to a Miss. Meriduena. Bed frames, cupboards, tables...-" I cut him off because I did not want to hear some stranger name about 50 prices of furniture. Trust me, that van was huge. "Yup that's me!" I said, signing my name onto his clipboard. "We offer help bringing all of it inside, if you need it." They offered. I nodded, smiling at how great this was going to look.

It was half an hour later and we just finished unloading the furniture into the front room. The two guys leave, but not before I give them a tip for helping out so much. I'm left standing Infront of a huge pile of cardboard boxes. I quickly come to the realisation that if I want this finished today, I'm going to need some help. I call my friend Reggie, and he happily agreed. He said he'd be there in 20 minutes. I hadn't seen him for a couple months now, so I was so excited to see him again. He was one of my best friends. After David, of course. Before he came, I needed to clean up my look bit. Nothing too amazing, but I still wanted to make somewhat of an impression on him.

I jog into my room sliding back and forth from the closet to the bathroom on the smooth wooden floors. I have Ariana Grande blasting in the background as I attempt to throw together an outfit for my suitcase-full of clothes.

I hear knocking on the door just as I finish up my makeup. I'm wearing light blue jeans, a baby pink hoodie, and black converse with some light makeup, finished off with my hair brushed and let down. I sprint to the door, not wanting to keep him waiting there for too long. It's how I am. Reggie sees me through the glass door and starts waving at me. I open the door, letting him inside. His eyes wander around the house as he walks towards the main room. His gaze eventually meets the big please of boxes on the ground as he gasps. He looks over at me, and with a nod of a head, he says, "Ok girl let's do this!" As we get to work.