4. Editing

David's pov

We just finished watching our 3rd movie, and Natalie was leaning against the window, snoring softly with her lips slightly parted. I have no idea what has gotten into me. I now think of Natalie in a way I had never before. I tried to convince myself that I had just missed her, but I soon came to the conclusion that there was only 1 other logical explanation for my behaviour. Me and you both know what I'm talking about. I can't bring myself to say it. It's impossible. Completely crazy. But... In the back of my heart I know that it's the true explanation.

~~~~~~~

I pull into my driveway slowly and carefully, trying not to wake Natalie. The car pulls to a stop and I step out of the vehicle. It's pitch black outside, and the only light was the setting moon. I hear the owls and cars around me, completing the setting. I pull my keys out of my back pocket and open the front door. I did that first to save me the struggle of opening the door with a sleeping Natalie in my arms. I quietly open her car door and pick her up to bring her inside. I carry her to the guest room and lay her on the bed. She shifts a bit but luckily doesn't wake up. I stand over her admiring her beauty for a good 2 minutes. I eventually find myself buried in my own covers, slowly dozing of as the sun and moon switch paths as a sign of a new day.

Natalie's pov

I wake up stretching and yawning. The sun was beaming through the curtains of the bedroom, requiring me to adjust my eyes to the light. My hair was tangled and I was all sticky from sleeping in my clothes. I rub my eyes and make my way to the shower.

The cold water felt nice as it ran down my naked back. I didn't feel the best this morning. Maybe melted ice cream and chips was not a good idea. My throat was dry and my saliva tasted awful. I just felt awful in general. I stumble out of the shower and quickly dry melself off before throwing on a hoodie and shorts. I was about to walk out of the bathroom when I realised I had the sudden urge to run back. So I did. At least I got most of the junk food out of my system.

David's pov

I am awoken to the sound of vomiting coming from Natalie's bedroom. I jump up and run over to her. "Hey are you okay?" I ask as I see her calmly walking out of the bathroom. "Yeah, just had to get the junk food out of my body." She replied giggling. I chuckle as well, releived that she wasn't sick. She sat down at the counter, pulling her phone out of her pocket. "I'll call the people that are meant to be giving us the furniture today, so I'm you're lucky, you'll have a fully furnished house by Tuesday." She exclaimed, stretching. "2 days?" I said, surprised. "Wow Natalie you're the best!" I laughed and she soon joined in. "I know," she said flashing me a big teethy smile.

Natalie's pov

"...Ok perfect thank you so much." I had just finished calling the furniture store. All of David furniture will arrive tomorrow morning. "Hey Dave!" I shout from my room. "No more sleeping on springy mattresses starting tomorrow!" I hear him cheer. I giggle and log onto Instagram. I'm flipping through people's stories not paying attention to the time. "Nat?" I hear David shout from the other room. I look at the clock to see that it was 6 pm already. I was sitting on Instagram for 2 hours now. That's a problem. "Can you help me edit a video?" David continues.

I walk into his room and collapse onto his springy matress next to him. "I need help editing a video." He mumbles, yawning. He shows me how he edits and soon I'm able to edit all by myself. That's perfect timing, really, because David just fell asleep cuddling up with a pillow. I finish up editing the vlog and place his laptop on the bed beside him, making my way to my room. My bones all crack when I stand up from sitting on that matress in the same position for 2 and a half hours. I head to my room, change into my pijamas and fall asleep. I've only been here two days but I can imagine myself staying here a lot, lot longer.