23. Surprise

Buckle up kids its the last chapter

It was 1am. Only 3 hours of driving left. 

David and Dinora drove the remainder of the way there, relying on caffeine to get them there. David was undoubtedly relieved when he started recognizing his surroundings. He parked the Mustang at the bottom of the road, and texted Taylor, hoping she was awake. She was, in fact, awake. They agreed that David would sleep in the car so Dinora would be a surprise for Natalie the next day.

"See you tomorrow, girly," Said David once he was comfortably laying on the back seats of the car, using his jacket as a blanket, and his arm as a pillow. Dinora snuggled into his legs and fell asleep as well, the moonlight bouncing off of the car's metal body.

David was awoken by Dinora's barking. Dinora was woken up by Taylor, who was banging on the window in an effort to wake David. David had drool on his chin and his hair was slicked upright on the side he slept on. "Oh well good morning," Said David upon opening the car door. 

"Natalie was up late last night, so she's still in bed. Work your charm, Dobrik,"  She told him, handing him a comb and a fresh set of clothes. "Uh-uh. I'm showering. I personally wouldn't fall for a stinking sweaty dude if I was her," He told her before handing her Dinora. "She needs to poop. I'll be inside."

Once he had showered, he did his best to comb his hair, brushed his teeth, and put on the black clothes Taylor had given him. He decided to see if Natalie was still asleep or not. He peeked through her keyhole to see a dimmed room, with natalie laying fast asleep in her bed. David exhaled and texted Taylor to bring Dinora in.

"Ok so you pretend to scream. That should wake her up. Dinora will be loose in the living room. Ill be waiting outside and once she walks in ill walk in too and pretend to be furious when I see Dinora running around," David recited the plan to Taylor in the back garden as to not wake Natalie. "Very romantic. Okay. Off you go."

David heard Taylor scream from outside the door. He could also hear Dinora yapping and her nails on the wood floors. He saw Natalie walk in through the glass door. He took a deep breath, put on a poker face and walked through the door.

"Natalie what the fuck!" He shouted once he saw Dinora darting in circles around the pool table. "I was gone for what, 5 days!? And you got a DOG!?" She looked at David worried. "Um, I.. no. I have no idea who's dog this is!" She desperately defended. "Natalie you fool! Its yours, of course!" He shouted. She shook her head. "It isn't, I swear! I've never seen it in my life!" She panicked. David laughed. "No Natalie, its your dog. I'm sorry. For everything. I'm a dick. No need to remind me," He apologised. 

Natalie stood in the middle of the room, with messy hair and her oversized Disney pyjamas on. Her mouth opened, but she closed it shortly after. She then smiled and knelt down to greet Dinora. "I was never mad, really. Just annoyed. I'm sorry too," She replied with Dinora in her arms. She walked over to David and he hugged her, Dinora between them.

"You're like a happy family!" Said Taylor. "And I'm like, the annoying aunt who gets in everyone's way." They all laughed. And just when David thought that the scene was over, Natalie kissed his cheek. "I love you," Said David, smiling down at her, still in her embrace, Dinora back to exploring the house. "Ditto," Natalie replied, resting her head on David's chest.

The end <3