43.2: Falling for You

I awoke with a start to the feeling of something, or someone, tugging on my feet. Opening an eye revealed the king removing my slippers!

"Ha ha!" He exclaimed as he got them off and held them triumphantly above his head. "At long last I have them!"

The king then removed my old slippers from his feet and popped on the new ones. He sat admiring them on his feet for a brief moment before rising to dance gleefully about the deck and away in celebration.

There were my old slippers, discarded on the deck just a few feet away. Ignoring the pain that permeated my whole body, I quickly snatched them up and put them on my feet.

"I told you I would get you back," I said to them.

"What?" came a soft groan from the deck nearby. "Thomas?"

"Isabella!" I said, turning to help her sit up. "Are you alright?"

"Everything hurts," she groaned reaching up to feel her forehead, which sported a nice bruise.

I felt my own forehead and found a matching one where our foreheads had met in those last moments before I blacked out.

"What are you two doing here?" came another woman's voice from nearby, and I turned to see the queen standing near us with a wary look on her face and once again in possession of her rapier, which was now pointed at us.

I looked at Isabella and she smiled back at me. I turned back to the queen and said, "We're coming with you."

The queen turned away and shouted, "Get those sails back up, and make for the wormhole!"

THE END