Real, Sucky World

Sienna

"It's a beautiful day. Don't ya think?"

"Sure," I mumble reluctantly. Though I don't want to be best buddies with a voice in my head, I don't want an enemy either.

"Oh come on. Look at the trees, the sunshine, the animals scurrying about. It's a good day to be alive."

"Okay Ms. Life is Rainbows. What's got you in a good mood?"

"Well for one, I'm awake and I can talk. You wouldn't understand just how free I feel."

A ping of pity shoots through me. I couldn't imagine being there but not being heard, only your thoughts there to give you comfort.

"I'm glad you can see the beauty in life. Not much there."

"I'm an optimist."

"You and Dean would get along well."

"I bet we would."

I don't know what she means by that and I don't ask. Instead, I study the gigantic house in front of me. Voices flow through the open door making me worried. I know I closed the door behind me and my guys value their safety too much to just leave it open. I rush forward but Asma's words stop me.

"I don't think you should go in there."

"Why not?"

"The aura is wonky in there. It's quite uncomfortable and I know for a fact you don't do well in uncomfortable situations."

"My men need me," it's a fact. I don't care how 'uncomfortable' it is in there. I said I'll be by my men's sides and that won't change.

However I, was not ready for the woman, who is supposed to be dead but is very much alive, standing in the room.

A gasp escapes me drawing the attention of everyone the room. Dom looks sick as he leans against the wall. Dean looks like he's trying to talk to me through his eyes. He's worried for Dom. Theo looks lost and distraught while Cole looks plain confused. My eyes roam over Mia's body which hasn't changed at all. She looks perfectly put together but she frowns when she sees me. When she notices me looking, a smile replaces it.

"Sienna," she says happily.

How does she know my name?

"I don't like her."

I start to argue with Asma, but then I remember what she did to Dom. Of course he's terrified. The woman who terrorized him from her grave is now standing in the middle of the room.

"Mia," I start hesitantly. I don't know how she's here, but I do know I need to protect my guys. "What is going on?"

She frowns softly and turns back to the guys. "I'll explain everything. I promise. But I've been gone for years and I miss you all. Please, hug me. I still love you all."

My heart pounds painfully as I wait for my men's reactions. They loved Mia dearly. With time, that love fades but it's still there. Who knows, her being back could remind my guys of why they loved her. All I can do is wait.

One by one, my men make eye contact with me. I try to express that I'm okay with it even though I'm one hundred percent not. But, Mia might be hurting. I know if the roles were reversed, I'd want a hug from the men I love so much.

"You guys are with Sienna," she concludes slowly, again raising the question of how she knows my name.

"Mia, this is confusing." Cole takes a step towards the woman. "You can't just show up five years later and claim you love us. Have you been alive all this time?"

"Yes," she says and I can see the heartbreak on all my men's faces. "I know that's bad but I'll explain, I promise."

"I don't like her."

Shut up.

"Why not explain now?" Cole asks, pain still written over his face.

"I'm exhausted. I've been on a long journey and I just want to sleep," Mia sighs.

Everyone is quiet, the sound of my heartbeat ringing loud in my ears. I want to go over to Dom who has his eyes squeezed shut tight. I want to comfort him, but fear has me paralyzed.

"Umm. Yeah you can sleep... there," Theo points at the couch and Mia laughs softly.

"Want to keep an eye on me, huh?" She says playfully.

"I don't like her."

Me neither.

"No hard feelings," Theo smiles shakily.

"Of course. I understand. Don't worry, everything will be fine after tomorrow."

I absolutely cannot express how worried, gross, and angry that statement makes me. What the frack does that mean?

"We need to kill her."

We already killed her.

"We didn't do it hard enough," Asma snaps making me smile internally. She's not so bad. Sure she has an attitude, but at least she sees through my eyes.

"Aww. I don't hate you either."

I'd roll my eyes if it wasn't completely out of context here, in the real, sucky world.

Cole scratches his head and looks around the room. "I suppose you need a blanket." He looks pointedly at Dean who is by Dom's side.

Not necessarily by his side, but close enough. Dean looks hesitant to get closer and his eyes jump between Dom and Mia. Anger burns low in his eyes, but concern shines clearly.

"Dom and I can get it," I suggest.

I can see Mia frowning in the corner of my eye, but my focus is on Dean. He clearly wants to touch Dom, but Dom is lost in his head and not allowing him. I'm the only one who won't cause negative thoughts to shoot through his head.

I walk past the woman and grab Dom's hand. He jumps, but I hold on tight. I lead him out the room and to the linen closet. Instead of opening the door, I push him against it.

He exhales roughly before inhaling too much air.

"Hey, Dom. You're okay. Babe, it's okay. I'm here. Hear me, Dom. She doesn't matter. Listen to me. Babe you're beautiful. They love you," my words don't go through to Dom and he continues to panic.

Tears prick my eyes. I've never had to comfort someone like this and he's scaring me. "Dom, it's okay. Dom, I love you. Babe, I'm here." I wrap my arms around his waist and hold on tight. His arms hang limp by his side. I let go and he slumps to the floor. "Dom!"

Dom balls up while tears stream down his reddened face and he continues to breath unevenly. "Dean!"

Dean comes quickly, like he was waiting for his name. His eyes widen and he falls by Dom's side.

"Get the blanket, Sienna," he tells which it ridiculous. Who cares about the blanket?

"Dean-"

"Go, Sienna. And get our men out of there with her."

It dawns on me that I completely forgot about leaving Theo and Cole with a closet-homophobe. Hopefully, in the past few years she's changed. But that doesn't change the damage she's done to Dom.

So I grab the first blanket I see and run to the living room. Awkwardness fills the air as the three people stand apart from each other, completely unaware of the man unraveling.

I throw the blanket at Mia's face and grab my men's hands, leading them from the room. When we get to where I left Dom and Dean, there's no one there. Assuming that Dean wants to handle this privately, I change direction and go to the elevator. My men follow quietly. I don't know what's running through their heads, but I'll find out when we're as far away from the damaging woman as possible. A thought bounces around my head and Asma mirrors it perfectly.

"Bitch should have stayed dead."

^
^
^
^
@robertyn607 🖤