Creators

Sienna

This bed is too soft. It feels like a cloud. That reminds me of Cole. Cole who's soft and fluffy on the inside. Cole who broke my heart and who's heart I broke. I broke all my men's hearts. Dom, who trusted me with his darkest secrets, who exposed his soul to me. Dean, who's been honest and truthful and only asked that I be the same. Theo, who believes he's worth little when he's worth the whole world. And Cole. Cole who was careful about who had his heart and didn't trust easily. I betrayed their trust and hurt them. I don't even know how to fix it.

I don't deserve to sit on a bed this soft. But why am I here anyways? Wait, where is here?

"Oh hello, you're awake. How'd you sleep?" A young woman says with a warm smile and soft eyes. She's really tall and skinny, but her face is full. She's wearing a red long sleeved shirt with black pants. A matching outfit is in her hands.

I can tell she's waiting for me to answer her, but I don't. I've obviously been kidnapped and she might be my kidnapper. I know better than anyone to base someone's strength off of their looks.

"Not much of a talker, huh? No worries. I'm Soldier Leia," she introduces, making my defenses raise, "It's nice to meet you, Sienna."

Her eyes aren't gold though, so that means she's not a Soldier right now.

"What's your name?" I ask after some time.

"Solder Leia. Did you not hear me?" Her eyebrows raise.

"You're not a Soldier right now. So what's your name?" I repeat.

"General Ryan said we are only to refer to ourselves as our Soldier sides. All except you, of course. You're our guest." Leia, she's not a Soldier, holds out the outfit that I take.

So I'm with General Ryan right now. The crazy woman who wants me for some reason. Not for some reason, for my abilities. She probably needs me to serve her and kill someone. She's in for a treat when she realizes she can't control me.

I undress and start pulling on the clothes. "Who's General Ryan?"

"One of our Creators," Leia happily answers.

One of? I thought we only had one.

Surprisingly, no one answers me in my head. I feel around my head mentally and realize, Asma is gone. No, not gone, but asleep. She's asleep and the constant pressure in my head is gone. I didn't realize how much of a headache she gave me until now.

Leia opens the door and walks out the room. Thinking I should follow, I hurry after and walk by her side. We're in a hallway that has twists and turns. I'm surprised she doesn't need a map.

Leia turns and speaks, "You're not hungry right? Us Soldier's don't need to eat, but you're different."

"No, I'm okay. Where are we?" Leia seems to be okay with answering my questions, so I'm going to keep asking them.

"A facility that was built for us Soldiers. Well, General Ryan's Soldiers. Master Varrien's Soldiers were all sold away and he's dead. Leader Hill and his Soldiers have gone off the map so there's no knowledge on that end. Head Joya and Chief Gene killed themselves and all their Soldiers."

"General Ryan, Master Varrien, Leader Hill, Head Joya and Chief Gene are our Creators?" I assume. I know there were other scientists involved in our making, but these particular ones seem important.

"Yes. They started this project and they donated their eggs and sperm to make us. We're all brothers and sisters," she states matter-of-factly.

That statement seems daunting. All those Soldiers I killed, even Mia, are my family. The family that I thought I didn't have. Master Varrien was... my dad? No, please no. That's the sickest thing I've ever heard of. "Why was I put with Master Varrien and you with General Ryan?"

"Don't worry, it's not based on parents or anything. One thousand Soldiers were made so each Creator received two hundred. In addition to that, they got a Key. Chief Gene's and Head Joya's Keys are dead along with ours and there's no information on Leader Hill, his Soldiers, nor his Key. For all we know, you're the only Key that's left," Leia spouts easily like she didn't just confuse me. All I understand is that I'm a Key, so it's obvious I'm important. Also, Master Varrien might not be my father.

Yay.

Leia stops in front of a door and gives three knocks before opening it. A round table sits in a room with huge screens covering the walls. One specific screen shows my face and it's very close. It's me right now, in this room, but I don't see any cameras in the actual room. I look at Leia and search her eyes. Her light brown eyes have a small red dot in them.

That's not a violation of privacy at all.

"Hello, Sienna. It's so exciting to see you," General Ryan, I think, greets. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Thin pink lips are pulled into a tight smile and her makeup, though beautiful, is too much. I'd say she's around her fifties, but her hair is a pure, charcoal black. She has dimples, something I hope I didn't get from her.

"You're the spitting image of Hill," she observes with a false smile. I can spot one a mile away.

"Why am I here?" I question, not wanting to waste time. The minute I feel like I'm in danger, I'm leaving.

"You're the last Key alive. As far as we know,  when all the Keys died, they stayed dead. But when you died, you came back. I want to know why." General Ryan's eyes light up as she looks at me like an unknown species.

I back away from the madwoman as my mind races. "How do you know I died?" I'm afraid of the answer.

"Oh please don't be afraid. We've just been watching you for awhile. We don't want to hurt you," General Ryan assures.

I scoff, "That's what a lot of people say."

"I'm serious, though. We just want to run a few simple tests to replicate you. If you comply, you won't be hurt." General Ryan raises her hands as if to show her innocence.

"Is that supposed to convince me?" I'm close to the door now, but I bump into a wall of hard flesh. I turn around and look up at the huge, dark-skinned man with bulging muscles.

Of course.

"Move," I demand.

He stands firmly in place and smirks at me. "No."

"I could move you myself," I fold my arms and challenge the man who's obviously a Soldier.

"I'm sure you could, Key," he says reminding of another question I had.

"What is a Key?" I turn back to General Ryan.

She seems to hesitate before answering, "Soldiers with abnormal abilities. Abilities that go beyond super speed and strength. My Key's ability was flying. Yours seem to be the ability to come back to life. Of course though," she looks behind me at the man blocking me. "We need to test this."

Simultaneously, General Ryan, Leia, and the man behind me pull out a gun and pull the trigger. I duck, making the bullets fly over my head, and I kick out Leia's legs. She flips to regain balance, but I'm no longer focused on her. I punch the man with all my strength and he flies back through the wall. I hit him too hard though, and I'm pretty sure my fingers are all broken. A gun goes off and I feel a burning sensation in the back of my head before everything goes black.

"I'm impressed," are the last words I hear before I die.