Incomparable Situations

Sienna

"So you said you're back because your Soldier kept you alive, right?" I ask for clarification.

"Yeah, so?" Mia is glaring at me, but I can see she's curious.

"I recently... came back to life. I don't know if it's 'cause of my Soldier or..." I trail off, not wanting to give too much information. Mia and I were close back then, but after Asma killing her, hearing how awful she truly was, and her trying to take my men from me, we're on opposite ends of the spectrum.

"You're saying that you died and came back to life?" Her eyes light up and I can see her taking a note of it.

I hesitantly nod my head and she speaks again. "Well, I never died. So our situations are different. But, I have a question for you."

I don't know what she could possibly ask me so I nod my head for her to ask.

"Why didn't you kill me?"

Mia is confusing me. She has a Soldier side just like me. Why does she think Asma and I are the same? She knows I can't control what my body does when Asma is in charge. It doesn't make any sense.

Why didn't you kill her? I decide to ask Asma.

"I was commanded to put her in stasis and to kill the unborn. I should've cut off her head."

Yes, you should've.

"Asma was commanded to put you in stasis. Not to kill you."

"Oh and killing my baby was an added extra for your blood-thirsty mind?" Mia snarls at me.

"It's not me, Mia. Why can't you understand that?"

"Maybe it's 'cause you can co-exist with your Soldier side."

"All Soldiers can do that."

"No, Sienna. Just you. Just little, perfect, lovely Sienna. The Sienna who was made to be the perfect Soldier but she was the most flawed."

Ok, wow. She really has a lot of hatred towards me. She's not even talking about Asma killing her child anymore. This is past anger, from a time when I assumed we were friends.

"Listen, I don't know what you think I am in your messed up head, but I'm not. I'm just as much of a victim as you are."

"Oh really?" She stands up slowly, her chair scrapes across the floor. I stand up with her and stare her down challengingly.

Mia whips out her hand and throws a knife towards me. I watch it fly, almost in slow motion. My hand reaches out and I pluck the knife from the air. I'm sure to Mia, it looked like I caught the knife inhumanly fast. But for me, it was like catching a ball a baby threw.

"See? No one human could catch that. You're just as much of a Soldier as me and yet, you're the victim? How, Sienna? How are you the victim when you have four men who love you, you're free from your Soldier side, and you have the perfect life?"

When she puts it like that. I don't see how I'm the victim. I mean, in the past I was. Making enemies I in no way wanted, getting tortured by Edgar, being terrorized by voices in my head, having an actual voice in my head. That's all gone now, though. Now I am free, except for Asma. So am I really a victim?

"Don't let this bitch make you second-guess yourself. So yeah, I killed her baby. You lost people you loved too."

We don't know what it's like to lose a child.

"Does she know what it's like to be tortured and dying on her last breath? Does she know what it's like to lose the only thing she loved. No. The bitch is overdramatic.