A Facade

Dominic

I had never thought I'd be in this situation. Eating breakfast with my ex-wife, who's supposed to be dead, along with the woman I would marry in a heartbeat and the men I've loved for as long as I can remember. It's incredibly uncomfortable and I wish I had never opened that door.

Theo and Dean continuously touch me in some way. Whether it's entwining their feet with my own or holding my hand. They show that they're there for me and I couldn't be more grateful.

Cole is glaring at Mia. She sits at the other head of the table, so none of us 'catch her evil vibe' Dean said. She eats her toast quietly and eyes us nervously. Just looking at her emerald green eyes makes me sick with fear. I have to glance at Sienna occasionally to let the one brown eye soothe me. The gold one reminds me of Asma and we seriously need to discuss it. But for now, I focus on the major problem in front of me.

"So how'd everyone sleep?" Mia starts politely. It's all a facade. She's a facade.

"Together," Cole snides, smirking.

"Oh. We used to do that all the time," Mia shrugs, completely missing the point.

"With Dean cuddling me?" Cole raises a brow.

Mia frowns. "Well, that's weird."

"Nothing about that is weird," Sienna says, not looking at Mia. "That's as normal as a man and woman cuddling. But that's not what we're here to talk about," she looks pointedly at her.

"I don't know why you're here. This is none of your business," Mia frowns.

"We are Sienna's business," Dean snaps.

"You haven't said anything," Mia addresses me. "How are you?"

I look away, the feeling of throwing up bubbling in my gut. Her voice filters in my brain and all I hear are the curses and slurs. They vanish when Sienna speaks again. "Stop stalling and tell us why you're here."

"Okay." Mia clears her throat and sits up straight. Smirking at Sienna, she speaks. "Let's start from when you killed me, huh?"

I cast Sienna a glance wondering how she's feeling, but she has a bored expression. It's as if she feels nothing towards Mia dying.

"Let's," Sienna agrees.

"I'm assuming you all know about Soldiers considering you're with Sienna." None of us respond and Mia continues. "Well after Sienna stabbed me."

"After Asma stabbed you," Cole and Dean correct together.

"They're the same person. Look at her eyes. Sienna and Asma are the same." Mia gestures all around Sienna.

"I'm not. I was a Soldier like you, but Asma is gone now." Thank goodness. "I'm a normal human with slightly stronger senses, night vision, and quicker healing."

"Yeah, normal." Mia rolls her eyes and looks at the rest of us, as if dismissing Sienna. "My Soldier side saved me. I went into a deep sleep and you all thought I was dead. When I woke up, I was Commanded to leave. I didn't want to come back, anyways, since my baby was no more." She glares at Sienna. "You may not have killed me, but you killed my unborn child."

My breathing stops at hearing Mia survived but our baby didn't. It's like I'm losing it all over again. I'd once prayed to get Mia back. Now I want her gone and our baby in her place. Our innocent, pure baby that didn't deserve to die.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Sienna apologizes sincerely to Mia. She then looks at us and her mouth gapes. I can see the sorrow and pain in her eyes, it's nothing compared to what I'm feeling. I accepted the loss of the life I helped to create years ago. Now, Mia is bringing back all these feelings. Feelings that I thought I'd experienced, let go and moved on from.

"Sure you are. Anyways, I haven't been able to come to you guys since. Imagine how it feels to come back to the men you love and see them shacking it up with another woman. The woman who killed our baby of all people." She laughs humorlessly, disgust evident in her face.

"You piss me off," Dean says coldly.

Mia jumps and frowns. "Me, how?"

"If I explained why, we'd be here for a while. And I'm done with this conversation." Dean scoots his chair back and stands. He reaches for Sienna who shakes her head softly.

"I want to talk to her," she bites her lip and looks hesitant.

"Why?" Cole's voice, for the first time tonight, is welcoming and gentle.

"I have some...questions." I frown at her and she gives me a reassuring smile. "It'll be alright, Dom. Just a friendly chat with an old friend. Afterwards, we can spend the rest of day in each other's arms."

That sounds like a plan and I nod my head.

"What, are you a mute now?" Mia scoffs.

"He doesn't have to say shit to you," Theo responds standing. I stand too, keeping my eyes down. I don't want to see the hurt on Mia's face that I know is there. I know Mia wasn't kidding about still loving us and missing us. I suppose if I had never came clean about how she truly was, and if we didn't have Sienna, then we'd be running into her arms. I'm sure it's agonizing to want the men that you love back. But, we're different now. We aren't the same men she left over five years ago and nothing will make us the same. It'd be best for her to realize that.

I walk out the room, only looking at where Dean and I's hands are entwined. We get into the elevator and go to the second floor. Sienna will more than likely need comfort after talking to the beast of a woman downstairs. So we make ourselves comfortable in the bed and settle down. Me on the outside of Dean, who's arms stay securely around my body. Cole is next to Dean and I can see their legs interlocked. Theo sits by Cole's side and he turns on Sienna's T.V. It becomes quiet, only the excessive sounds of gunfire from the T.V. It's not awkward, but it's obvious we all want to say something.

"Thank you, guys," I say staring at the T.V. Cole and Dean mumble 'Your welcomes' while Theo lifts his head up from Cole's side.

"For what?" The redhead asks. His green eyes are different than Mia's. Hers are more sharp. They shine beautifully to draw you in and take you on a wild ride before spitting you out. Theo's are more muted and calm. You know if you take the time to swim in them, that you'll come out alive on the other side.

"For loving me," I tell him honestly. Normally, I feel secure in my relationship. But Mia's words pop up in my head every once in a while to make me doubt myself. It's nothing they can fix. No, I have to do that by myself. But, them loving me helps.

"Thanks for letting us love you," Theo beams at me. He leans across Cole to kiss me deeply and I sigh into the kiss.

Mia being here is a setback. But we'll overcome her, just like we did with everything else.

A/N: I know this is bad and I'm sorry. I'm sick and a hurricane might be on its way. Go Florida!! So I'll try to update as much as possible before I lose power and Wi-Fi. Thanks for reading🖤🖤