Pocket Change

Dominic

"We're here," the woman who drives like a maniac announces.

Okay, so maybe she doesn't drive like a maniac. But anyone who doesn't drive the way I do, is a maniac.

We get out the car and slam the doors shut. She comes over to my side with a small frown.

"Driving isn't that fun," she says twirling the keys around her fingers. "I don't know why you like to do it so much."

"Well, you never have to do it again," I raise my brows, hoping that she agrees.

She throws the keys and I catch them midair before grabbing her hand. I pull her to me and look deep into her eyes."Sounds like a plan," she says cheekily before kissing my softly.

"Let's go lovebirds," Dean interrupts, having the audacity to call us the lovebirds. It felt like we were waiting forever for Dean and Sienna to finish their love fest.

"Does everyone know what they're doing?" I look around the group for confused faces, studying Dean a bit more closely than the others. Everyone nods, but Dean has nodded plenty of times and never actually understood the plan. "Relay it to me, Dean," I demand folding my arms.

"Well, Dom, while you, Theo and I are trying to get Qwen to by this phone, Sienna and Cole will be getting her sword back."

"Ohhh," Sienna drawls, a lightbulb seems to go off in her head.

"You okay, Princess?"

"Oh yeah... I just remembered where I put a... a pair of my shoes." It's obvious she's lying. She's terrible at it and the guys and I wouldn't have made it this far in life without being able to tell when someone's lying. She's hiding something from us. We all can feel it. We're just waiting for her to trust us enough to let us in.

"Okay?" Theo says ringing the doorbell of the huge house. I'm sure there's an unnecessary amount of rooms for the man who lives alone.

I stand in front of everyone on instinct. If this man is dangerous, I'd prefer something to happen to me than them. Sienna stands by my side, her thought process probably mirroring my own. Even though she's no longer a Soldier and we aren't her Commanders, she still seems to want to protect us and put her life on the line for us. I need to have a serious talk with her about that.

"Took you all long enough," Mr. Qwen scoffs when he opens the door.

A fake smile takes over my face as I speak with the most pleasant tone I can muster. "Good afternoon, Mr. Qwen. We apologize. Hopefully the wait will be worth it." I gesture to the briefcase in Theo's hand.

"I didn't realize there'd be so much of you." He eyes all of us and frowns.

"Hope that's not a problem," Sienna chirps, flashing her dimples.

"Come in," the grumpy man moves out the way.

I lead everyone into the hallway that has expensive art lining the walls. A clean, breezy smell fills the room and it's squeaky clean as far as I can tell.

"This way."

We follow the man into a dining room where a table with eight chairs stand. A bookcase with artifacts sits proudly in front of one wall while a grandfather's clock stands on the other. We all sit, Cole, Sienna, and Dean on one side while Theo and I are on the other and Mr. Qwen is at the head.

"Let's get started, shall we?" I clear my throat and give him a friendly smile.

"Let's."

Theo puts the briefcase on top of the table and opens it professionally. A glass box holds an ordinary-looking phone. The phone is supposed to be 'one-of-a-kind' and 'the next big thing' when in reality, it's a phone we picked up from Verizon.