Downfall

Sienna

"Long time no see," I think to the woman in my head. Doing my best to erase any and all thought of what I just did, I focus solely on the scenery before me.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" She hisses.

I sigh and try to not let her bother me. Instead, I focus on my safe circle. I don't know if she'll try anything, but I need to be prepared. "That building is stuffy, don't you think? All those uptight people, not to mention our mother," I respond.

She scoffs and grumbles, "That is most definitely not my mother."

"Hmm, I don't know about that. Both of you are the definition of crazy," I hum, starting to walk leisurely back to the building housing General Ryan. "I bet you guys are getting along well." My voice is unassuming and normal. I don't want to necessarily be friends with Asma, but she could turn out to be my only ally right now. My men are too out of reach for me to consider them.

"I hate that bitch," she snaps, making me flinch. The hatred laced in her tone is enough to solidify the fact that we're both victims.

"What'd she do to you?" I wonder, sounding like a genuinely concerned person.

I'm sure if Asma was looking at me, she'd be glaring. "I know all she says are lies and I'm sure you and her are plotting against me."

"As are you."

"Glad to know that no matter what we're enemies," she says coldly.

I roll my eyes and look in the window. "Who's fault is that?"

"Not mine," she chimes.

You cannot be serious. "It's not mine either."

She lets out an evil and cold laugh, making me feel sick to my stomach. "Yeah, yeah go ahead and play victim as always. It's gonna be amazing when you're finally gone."

"I'm not going anywhere," I snap, tired of her always thinking she has the upper hand.

She doesn't respond and instead retreats into the back of my mind. I relax on my walk back, my mind wanting to race, but I keep it calm. I'm also ready at any moment to defend myself against Asma.

"Defend yourself?" She asks, intrigued.

I don't say anything and instead focus on keeping my mind clear. As I look at my surroundings, I don't realize Asma's thoughts. She keeps thinking of a name that has me tuning into her them.

I wanna see Kamar. I wonder what Kamar's up to. Is he gonna kill her, or is someone else? I hope he doesn't think she's me. I'll beat the shit outta her if she messes with him.

"Who's Kamar?" I ask casually. Whoever he is, he could be leverage.

Asma doesn't answer, but her thoughts do. I see images of a familiar darkskin man. He's handsome, but not my type. My type is Theo, Dean, Cole and Dom. They've completely ruined my chance to be with anyone else and I'm stuck to them. It's okay though. I wouldn't have it any other way.

"You miss your men, huh," she comments, making my heart drop.

I hadn't been thinking too much about them, right? She doesn't know anything.

"What do I not know?" She continues.

My eyes drop to the dying grass that I'm now passing and I zone in on it.

"Whatever you're doing isn't gonna last long. You're gonna get caught, Sienna," she says thoughtfully. "And after that, you're gonna lose. I don't know why you bother."

"Shut up, Asma," I mutter, tired of her words. She's delusional if she thinks I'm going to just lie and let her take over my life.

Thankfully, Asma does shut up and I'm able to walk the rest of the way in peace.

*

"Where have you been?" Soldier Olivia demands. I say Soldier because it's obvious she's activated based on her monotone voice.

I shrug my shoulders and walk past her, freezing when she grabs my arm. "Let me go," I say lowly, not in the mood for anymore Soldiers. Sure, Olivia helped me, but that was the human Olivia, not the Soldier.

Asma speaks again. "What'd she help you with?"

"Where were you?" Soldier Olivia repeats.

I yank my arm out of her hand and keep walking. "Nowhere." I grit out. An exhausted sigh escapes me when I see two Soldiers blocking them elevator. "Could you move?"

"You did not get permission to leave, Sienna," Soldier Olivia says, walking up behind me.

Turning around slowly, I try to ignore her persistence, but it's hard. I'm so tired of being here and I'm tired of these people.

"After all we have done for you-"

"You haven't done anything!" I interrupt. "You've done one little thing for me, but that doesn't outweigh you keeping me hostage and you killing me continuously. General Ryan won't even tell me where my men are!"

"I met with them. They said you could stay where you are 'cause they don't want you," Asma lies.

Internally, I roll my eyes before pushing past the two Soldiers. I press my floor and wait patiently in silence.

"You don't believe me? Okay. You're gonna look dumb when you try to go to them and they turn away from you," she continues.

If she had told me this yesterday, I would've believed her. Now though, I know for a fact my men would never abandon me. I don't doubt their love.

Asma sighs like she pities me, "That'll be your downfall."

"It'll be your stinking downfall," I mumble aloud. I get out the elevator and head for my room. When I open the door, General Ryan is sitting on my bed.

My eyes narrow accidentally and I try to rid my face of any annoyance.

"Hey," I greet, trying to be casual.

She smiles deceivingly at me and pats the bed by her. "Come sit. Let's talk."

I eye the bed, and decide it's best for me to stay right where I am.  The shifting of clothes has my eyes zipping over to the corner of the room. A Soldier that I've never seen before stands on duty.

"Why is he here?" I ask casually.

General Ryan waves the question away and stands. "Where have you been?" She steps slightly towards me making me back up.

What am I scared for? I could take her down easily.

However, getting out of here with all these Soldiers would be difficult.

"I left for a few hours and came back," I respond, "why does it matter where I was if I came back?"

She frowns softly. "That in itself is interesting. Why did you come back?"

"You said you'd help me," I shrug, glancing at the Soldier.

"I can't do that if you're lying," she says, folding her hands. Her tone is falsely soft and I feel like a toddler with the way she's speaking to me.

I look her in the eyes so she can see that I'm a completely serious adult. "Then I guess I'm leaving."

We engage in a stare off that has me kind of confused. I mean, does she think she can stare the truth out of me?

"Kill her," she orders.

Dread fills me, but I don't even try to dodge the bullet. The familiar pain erupts in my head and I close my eyes peacefully.

This is the last time I'm dying.