Please be here

Sienna

I pace in front of the tall building that should be housing my men. After snooping through General Ryan's computers, I found that this is where Leader Hill lives. I have no doubt that General Ryan let me go. She probably has something planned for me when I get back. I'm focused on my other parent though. My father. A father who wants to use me to kill Soldiers. Meaning I'll have to avoid him while I'm here. It also means that this is an incredible risk. But I miss my men so much, and I'll risk it all just to find them. I've always been alone in this world, but that changed when I met them. I forgot how terrible loneliness felt. I need them.

I finally knock on the door, sure that the people watching the cameras are confused. It took awhile to gather the courage to actually go through with this, and the fact that no one tried to knock me out and drag me in is suspicious. Maybe they're observing. Or maybe they don't even have cameras. Maybe this truly is a hotel and it isn't housing deadly Soldiers. Only one way to find out.

Please be here, please be here, please be here, I pray silently.

The doors opens revealing a tall Soldier. Their gold eyes search my face before they speak, "Sienna?" They ask.

I wonder if I should lie or not, but if there's any chance of them being here, I have to take it.

"Yes," I answer, after some time.

The Soldier stares at me unblinkingly before stepping to the side. "Please follow me," she monotones.

I nod my head, my throat too dry to speak anymore. I walk through the room that could be a receptionist office. We go to an elevator and travel up. I can't help but think this building is the same layout as General Ryan's.

The elevator stops, letting in a few people, not Soldiers that aren't activated. They pause when they see me and I give a little wave.

"That's her?" A man asks quite loudly.

"She looks just like him," another man comments.

They must be talking about my father.

"So, she's the last Key alive," the first man says, his tone clearly showing he's not impressed. I can't be bothered though. I'd rather be underestimated than overestimated.

"Hi," I greet, deciding to be friendly. If my guys aren't here, and these people do attack me, maybe they'll go easy if they remember how nice I was.

"Hey, Sienna right?" The first man asks, He has a bald head and really pale skin. The other guy observes me quietly, his eyes unnerving.

"Yep. You guys wouldn't happen to have four men who aren't Soldiers here?" I question. It'd be best to know now whether or not this was futile. I'd rather leave before we end up at our destination.

The elevator dings signaling that it's too late.

"Maybe, maybe not," the unnerving man responds with a smirk.

Geesh. Why are people so cryptic?

I continue following the Soldier and we come up to a room with the door open. She gestures for me to walk in and then takes her place beside the doorway, showing that she won't be going in.

"Okay," I murmur, heart beating really fast. I am obviously about to meet my father. Either my men can be in there with him, or they won't. Either way, I will handle it to the best of my ability.

I step in finally, my eyes automatically being drawn to my picture and some facts being projected on the wall. Someone gasps in the room, drawing my eyes to... Theo.

All of my guys are here, standing next to each other and looking as beautiful as ever. I can't observe them fully though, because I'm too busy running into their arms. All thoughts of Theo and Cole cheating are out of my mind. I enjoy the feel of my guys' arms and revel in their loving presences.

"I missed you guys so much," I cry out, not being able to stop my tears.

"I missed you too," they respond. Briefly, I think about the fact that they responded at different times, but I'm too busy enjoying them right now to care.

I pull back after some moments of hugging them. Wiping my face, I take a deep breath and prepare to spill my guts.

"I am so sorry," I start, guilt eating at me. "I didn't mean to run away. We should never run away from our problems and I-"

"I'm sure you can go on and on about your feelings, but we're in fight right now and as of right now they are not important," A voice interrupts me.

I turn around slowly, slightly pissed that someone is interrupting our reunion. "And you are?" I question the bald man. One look at his bright smile though and I know exactly who he is.

"Hello, daughter," he greets, stepping forward with open arms.

"Umm, nope. I had enough parent talks and greetings. You're gonna talk to me about how you want what's best for me and how the other parent sucks and I don't care about that right now," I tell him honestly.

I turn back to my guys, but my father isn't done speaking yet.

"So Ryan has you brainwashed, huh?" He questions with a chuckle.

"Listen, I'm sure that you believe you're doing the right thing, but I want no part in it," I say with a sigh. I'm so tired of people's selfish desires interfering with my own. I mean, haven't I earned the right to be selfish?

He stares at me for a few moments before a look of concern crosses over his face. "Why is your hair blonde?" He questions.

"Long story," Dom replies for me.

I give him an apologetic smile and think about how much explaining I have to do. There's also something else. Something that's tickling the back of my mind.

"We have time," my dad says, crossing his arms to prove his point. "I know what my daughter is supposed to look like. Or are you not my daughter?" He finishes, skeptically.

"Oh believe me, I wish I wasn't your daughter. You and General Ryan are insane. She wants world domination, you want to..." I trail off when that tickling sensation becomes full on pressure. It's familiar, and it signifies that Asma is waking up. If she is working with General Ryan, I can't let her know that I know where my men are and that I've met with them. General Ryan and Asma both think I'm some clueless, fragile obstacle that they have to knock over.

Of course, as always, I'll prove them wrong.

"He wants to do what, Pancake?" Dean asks, reminding of the other crazed scientist that also happens to be related to me.

"I have to go," I murmur, meeting his eyes. He immediately becomes devastated and I have to look away. "I have to go. I can't stay here."

Heading for the door, I push down any feelings of guilt before meeting each of my guys' eyes one last time for who knows how long. "I'll be back," I promise.

"Wait, Sienna let's talk about this," Dom tries to reason as I run away from them. 

"Stop her," Leader Hill calmly instructs his Soldiers.

I'm already in the hallway by the time the first Soldier reaches me. I yank my arm away, hard, causing them to fly away from me. There's a window at the end of the hallway that I aim for and I speed up.

"Do not let her get away!" Leader Hill demands loudly. I smirk to myself at his loss of composure as I burst through the window. Glass scrapes my body, but I'm more focused on hitting the ground safely. I roll swiftly, get to my feet, and keep running. Thankfully, I got out just in time.

Asma just woke up.