Mother's Intuition

Sienna

I blink against the bright light, groaning at the pounding headache. My body becomes tense as I prepare to ward off Asma, but she's not here. Instead, the painful headache is completely natural, that doesn't mean it hurts any less.

"Good morning, Key," the wall of muscle greets. He has his eyes narrowed distrustfully, though his tone is light.

"That's a funny thing to say to someone you helped kill," I grumble.

"Oh goody, you're awake. How are you? It's Sienna, right?" General Ryan asks, her bright smile shining.

If she's questioning my identity, then that means she met Asma. It's unnerving to think about Asma being alone in the hands of these dangerous people. She could've learned something new, or told crucial information. I can't even ask her what happened because she's gone.

"Yes," I admit hesitantly. "It's me and I want to leave."

General Ryan's smile falters and her eyebrows scrunch in the middle. "I'm afraid I can't have that. Especially, after this amazing discovery."

"The discovery of Asma," I assume.

"You're so smart, Key," Muscle Wall says sarcastically. He looks like I personally offended him. I mean sure, I did push him through a wall. But he needs to get over it.

"I have a name," I tell him, raising my brows.

"I know. I don't care." He raises his brows mockingly at me.

"Soldier Olivia," General Ryan calls, stopping me from asking what got Muscle Wall's panties in a twist, "would you kindly take Soldier Kamar back to the cafeteria. I am sure Sienna and I will have a lovely, civil conversation."

"Yes, General Ryan," Olivia monotones as though her Soldier side was activated. Her green eyes reminds me of Mia, and a spark of sadness runs through my body.

As Olivia and Kamar leave the room, guilt threatens to swallow me whole. I killed the guys' wife. No, Asma did. But, do they know that? As of right now, they don't even know of my predicament. I haven't even seen my hair to see if blonde is still taking over my precious chocolate brown. Also, I've been occupied with wondering what the Creators were hiding, that my men were far from my mind. But are they my men? It doesn't really matter if I still love them though. If I do get away from here, there's nowhere for me to go. I'd travel for awhile with nothing but the clothes on my back, until Asma overtakes my body. At least while I'm here, I'm free of Asma. I guess I can enjoy it.

"How do you feel, Sienna? Are you hungry? Soldier Kamar told me Asma didn't eat, but I'm sure she doesn't need to. You, however, may need food." General Ryan's tone is calm and casual. As though we're discussing tea and not how I'm a genetically made person who doesn't need sustenance.

"I'm fine. I want to leave," I pull away from the restraints and watch her. Like I expected, her eyes light up. I don't want to admit it, but it reminds me of Theo. His eyes would sparkle whenever he learned anything new.

I miss my men.

General Ryan frowns, pitying me. "Leave to go where, Sienna? Something is happening to you, that is obvious."

I don't answer, because it's true.

"We can help you, Sienna. What better person to help you with your Soldier problems than the very scientist who helped make it."

"How'd you know?" I ask, distrust evident in my tone.

She smiles knowingly at me, "Call it, a mother's intuition."

My world spins as what I originally thought is confirmed. I look nothing like my mother, but does she really have a reason to lie? Besides, haven't I always wanted a mother? This is better than having a mother who went crazy and committed mass-murder and suicide.

"My mother?" I manage to choke out.

General Ryan smiles as she becomes emotional. Her face turns red as she looses her composure. "Of course, I have plenty of children, and I love them all the same. But, we connected in a way that I did with no other when we were younger. Sadly, you were put with Master Varrien and I received a different Key. But, you're here, and we can be a family." She holds out her arms that I waste no time walking into.

This woman is obviously insane and probably evil. The way she's so interested in my 'abilities' is downright creepy and raises red flags. But I can't remember that as I cry on my mother's shoulders. All the emotions that I hadn't allowed myself to feel comes bubbling up. The feeling of a mother's arms around me is foreign, and I can't help but bitterly think that it doesn't feel as good as when one of my guys hugged me, or even Matt. But I need a hug right now. Even if it's from a madwoman.

"I wanna go home," I cry, my words muffled against her shoulder.

"Sweetie, you are home."