Sharing is caring

Theo

"So what exactly do you want me to do here?" Chief Gene asks after he lets me finish gawking. By the look on his face, he's annoyed at Dean's touching, but I find it endearing.

Speaking of the man child, he's about to touch the huge computer in the corner of Chief Gene's room. It's similar to the one in Leader Hill's room, so it's probably one of the original computers.

"Babe?" I call out to him, grabbing his attention before he fully pisses Chief Gene off.

He looks guilty for a moment before coming over to my side and wrapping an arm around my waist. "You rang?"

"Yeah, stand here and look pretty," I instruct, kissing his cheek.

He nods and and responds, "No problemo."

I look over at Chief Gene, worried he's some secret homophobe.

He doesn't say anything and instead gives me an expectant look. Then I remember his question. "Oh yeah. Sienna's Soldier side, Asma, gained a conscious when Sienna first came back to life. She's becomes a huge problem to us. She can take over Sienna's body whenever she wants to and she can mentally fight Sienna which causes Sienna physical stress. There's also the fact of General Ryan and Leader Hill wanting her for their own goals."

"You explained this all in your email,"Chief Gene deadpans.

Embarrassment floods my body and I chuckle nervously. It seems I've over shared.

"I got this hun," Dean assures, patting my side. "We want you to use the Key and deactivate Asma. It'd also be nice to remove the Key from Sienna."

He gives us a hard stare before going over to his computer and typing. It goes silent as Chief Gene works.

"I suppose I can do that," he finally speaks. "The Key can only be used once, so after we activate it, it will be gone. That'll also deactivate the rest of Master Varrien's Soldiers roaming around. It'll take me a minute though. She's not connected to me, so I don't know the code needed to activate it."

Relief floods my body at things finally looking up and I smile brightly at Dean who looks like he's going to burst.

"So we'll be free?" He asks excitedly.

Chief Gene frowns, "I'm not sure. I will try my hardest though. We all made this mess. The least I can do is clean it up."

"Sounds good to me," Head Joya says coming into the room. "You guys finished here?"

Chief Gene nods and waves us away. He goes back to typing while Head Joya shakes her head fondly at him.

"Y'all follow me," she instructs. "One of your men wants to take y'all to dinner. Hmm, I should really learn your names."

Dom is probably the one who suggested dinner. "I'm Theo," I say before mentally slapping myself. Of course she'd know who I am. "He's Dean. Nice to meet you, Head Joya."

"Please, none of that Head business. I'm just little old Joya, and don't call my husband Chief. His head is already too big," she teases.

That prompts a laugh from me and I smile at their relationship. It's nice how they fell in love while also recognizing their mistake. The fact that they let go all of their Soldiers is admirable.

We walk up some stairs and go to a room where Cole, Dom, and Sienna lay. The three of them together is a sight to behold and I can't believe the three of them are mine.

Dean lets go of my hand and jumps on the three of them causing them to wake up and groan.

Correction: the four of them are mine.