Right Here, Right Now

Dean

"So," I start, looking around the table at my guys. It's been a few days since we all came back together. Actually, I'm not even sure if we're together together. I've been aching to ask. "Are we back together?" I finish.

I look over at Theo who looks uneasy and sick. But, when his eyes connect with mine, they're soft and trusting. My little Theodore is slowly coming back and I couldn't be happier.

"I want to," Dom says, staring me down. Instead of making me uncomfortable, it makes me hot.

"I want to," Cole also says, looking slightly guilty. There's nothing to be guilty about though. They fucked up, we fixed it, end of story.

Theodore's eyes flit across the room before whispers, "I want to." It's like he's afraid to say it.

Everyone looks at me, waiting for me to agree. I mean, it's obvious I want to be together with all of them. These men are my life, and I'd be miserable without them. I won't be whole again until I'm with Sienna too, but we can't be there just yet. However, I can take these men, right here, right now.

"Umm," I trail off, playing with them. "Umm," I repeat. "Hmm," I look up at the ceiling, bringing my hand to my growing beard and mustache. Rubbing it, I continue to say "Umm" and "Hmm."

"Asshole," Cole grunts with a small smile.

I look him in the eyes and smile brightly at the three of them. "Of course I wanna be with you guys. I love you bastards too much," I say honestly.

Getting up, I walk around the table and kiss each of them on the cheeks. "Now how about I make us some pancakes in honor of my missing one," I suggest.

They all nod and I go into the kitchen to make them breakfast. They all follow me and Dom speaks, "We need to figure out a plan. Obviously, we can't stay here. I thought Leader Hill would help us get Sienna back, but he wants her himself."

"We won't ever be free if Sienna still has the Key and Asma," Cole says.

I nod in agreement, focused on my pancakes.

"But those are apart of her. We don't know if taking those out would kill her," Theodore states.

"Nor do we know how," I add.

It goes silent as we all think of ways. Well, not all. I'm more focused on my cooking than anything.

"I have a theory," Theodore starts, sounding unsure of himself. "But, I'm not really sure."

"Go ahead," Dom says assuringly.

"Leader Hill said Chief Gene and Head Joya along with all of their Soldiers are dead. That seems... weird to me. I mean, over 400 people died all at the same time, all at the same place. How was that not on the news? Why hasn't more people heard of it?"

"So you're saying you think it's a lie?" Cole questions.

"Yes, and I think they're still alive," Theodore nods.

I frown and turn around. "What could they do to help us?"

"If they are still alive, that means they were able to get 400 Soldiers off of Leader Hill's and General Ryan's grid," he responds. "Since we know that a Key deactivates all those Soldiers, then maybe that's how they did it. Maybe they could help us get rid of Asma using Sienna as a Key."

I look at Dom who's thinking hard and deeply. He folds his arms and speaks to Theodore. "That theory seems plausible, but we'd have to find them first."

"With all the... free time I've had," he says looking down, "I've been searching on my phone. That's limited though, and if I could use the Leader Hill's computers then maybe I could find them."