Chapter 2: A Distraction?

(Art not mine!)

Once Kai left for his 'mission' the other ninja began to talk about what they were going to do next.

Cole: Is he gone?
Lloyd: I will go see.

Lloyd then ran out onto the deck just in time to see Kai land on the floor and run off towards the mountain.

Lloyd: The coast is clear!
Jay: Phew! Okay, why did we lie again?
Zane: We had to come up with an excuse so we could have some time to set up a surprise party for Kai's birthday. Think of it as a distraction.
Jay: Wait so there was no mission?
Nya: Nope.
Jay: Okay... And where is Master Wu?
Zane: Last I heard he went to go bring Skylor here to celebrate with us.
Lloyd: Oh... great... Skylor.
Nya: And anyway why do you think we asked you and Cole to come up with an excuse?
Cole: Yeah dim wit!
Jay: Hey!
Nya: Come on guys now is not the time to argue! He is going to figure out soon that there is no problem so we have about less than an hour to set up!
Lloyd: Do you think he will be angry that he thinks that we forgot his birthday?
Cole: Probably, he is Kai! He gets angry about everything.
Lloyd: Well I hope he understands...
Jay: I'm sure he will!
Zane: I'm rather surprised he didn't bring it up himself to be honest.
Nya: Well believe it or not he doesn't actually like people fussing over him all the time.
Jay: Really? But what about all the times he has wanted to be in the spotlight? Or Has wanted to be the hero of the day?
Nya: No, he likes that kind of attention, just not when stuff is about him and he can't do anything about it. Okay, so Jay, you're on present wrapping duty-
Jay: Pfft haha! You said duty!
Lloyd: Really Jay?
Jay: Hey! I can have fun!
Nya: ... okay well Lloyd, you are on decorating duty!
Jay: hah... duty...
Lloyd: *sigh* Got it.
Nya: Cole, you are on entertainment duty!
Cole: like... games?
Nya: Yep.
Cole: Okay.
Nya: Zane, you are on cooking duty!
Zane: Affirmative.
Cole: Wait hold on a minute! Why can't I do cooking duty?!
Lloyd: Cole, your cooking would kill him.
Cole: Hey it's not that bad!
Everyone: ...
Cole: Fine Zane can do cooking...
Nya: Great! Then I will be on lookout for when Kai gets back!
Everyone: Ninja Go!

And with that they all split up and ran to their opposite directions. Zane ran to the kitchen, Jay ran to the room where all of his presents were hidden. Cole ran to the same room Jay did and grabbed all the party games. Lloyd ran to the room next door and pulled a blanket down and under that blanket were balloons, banners, and other decorations. Nya went back to the control room and was watching out the window to be ready in case Kai comes back early and Sensei Wu left a while ago to get get Skylor.

So far everything was going as planned...