Chapter 9: Stabilised

Two hours later~

Lloyd was sat outside of the recovery room, where Kai was being looked after by Zane. He couldn't hear anything apart from the occasional whisper coming from inside the room. He figured Zane was talking to Pixal.

He sat patiently, and still. Not moving. Only being able to hold his own hand for comfort, the held a strong glare at the wooden floor below him. Incased in his own thoughts.

Lloyd: 'It will be okay Lloyd... He will be okay. It's going to be fine. Just... calm down... you need to be strong... for him.'

He kept repeating this to himself over and over again in his head. When he heard two sets of footsteps approaching him. He quickly wiped away any tears that found themselves threatening to fall with his sleeve and looked up to the two people in front of him. He sat up straight, only to be met with Jay and Cole. He tried to give them a small smile to show that he was alright, but you could tell that it wasn't a genuine one, but rather forced.

Cole gave a questioning look towards Lloyd.

Cole: "Dude are you still out here?"
Jay: "How long has it been?"
Cole: "Four hours."
Jay: "Woah. Maybe you should get some rest Lloyd. We've all had a rough day."

Jay tried to reach a hand out to place on Lloyd's shoulder, to show his concern. But instead Lloyd moved his body out of the way of Jay's hand, so he couldn't place it on his shoulder. The blonde looked back towards the floor.

Lloyd: "No. I'm fine."

His voice came out more strained than he thought it would.

Cole sighed as he lowered his eyebrows in worry, watching the boy in the chair in front of him.

Cole: "No you're not. Come on, Master Wu told us to come get you for dinner."
Lloyd: "...I'm not hungry..."
Jay: "You have to eat something!"
Lloyd: "I'm really not hungry guys."

Lloyd moved his head up from where he was looking at the floor, but his eyes still managed to find themselves anywhere but the faces of the blue and black ninjas.

Jay: "It won't do anyone any good if you just sit out here waiting for Kai. Please?"

Jay gave Lloyd his irresistible puppy dog eyes, Lloyd sneaking a glance to see why they stopped talking. He quickly realised this to be a mistake when he found himself giving in to their request.

Lloyd: "... J-Jay..."
Jay: "Yes dearest best friend ever in the world?"
Cole: "Hey!"

Lloyd tried to keep his act up, but he was powerless. He gave in.

Lloyd: "...I'm... not... Ugh fine! I will get something to eat I guess."

Lloyd let go of his hand, and relaxed a small amount, the other two following his actions, also relaxing once they heard he was coming.

Jay: "Yay!"
Cole: "Good! My foods getting cold!"

Without any warning, Cole burst into a sprint as he sped past both Lloyd and Jay.

Cole: "Race ya!"
Jay: "Oh it is on! Come on Lloyd!"

Jay grabbed Lloyd's arm and began to run down the hallway after Cole. Lloyd being taken by surprise.

Lloyd: "Ah- Jay!"
Jay: "Cole is gonna get the best food!"

Lloyd sighed again, as he watched Cole turn a corner and go out of sight.

Lloyd: "...Well then I guess I'm going to have to beat you guys to it!"
Jay: "Huh?!"

Jay looked back at the boy he was dragging behind him, only for Lloyd to overtake Jay and also began to run towards the dining room, not too far behind Cole.