Chapter 23: Boss Battle

Lloyd: "STOP IT!"

Lloyd stood up from the position he was in, and now all eyes were on him. He gave Garmadon a deadly glare, as Nya stood up next to him.

Garmadon: "WHAT?! How did you get in here?!"

Kai's screams stopped for a second. Lloyd looked over to see him on his hands and knees panting, trying to catch his breath back.

Kai: " *pant* L-Lloyd..."
Nya: "Kai!"
Lloyd: "Hold on Kai! We're gonna get you out of there!"

Now the rest of the guards were stood up, and in a fighting position facing the two intruders.

Garmadon: "Ugh! Never mind, it doesn't matter how you got in. But you're not getting out! Guards! Capture them!"

As Garmadon said that, all of the guards ran up to them and they got ready to fight.

Lloyd grabbed the first one to run at them by his shirt, and threw him into another guard knocking them both on the floor.

Nya tripped one of the guards up and he landed face first on the floor. And as another one was running her way, she ducked down so that he jumped over her and also fell on the floor.

As Lloyd was about to punch another one in the face, he heard the deafening screams coming from Kai again. He looked over to see that there was red fire particles coming off Kai and being sucked away.

Lloyd & Nya: "KAI!"

Unfortunately while he was distracted, one of the guards got a hit on his face and he fell to the floor with a painful grunt.

Nya saw this and ran over to help, but as she started to run towards him one of the guards she had knocked down earlier grabber her ankle, and she fell to the floor tоо.

She looked down at her foot and kicked the guard's hand off her and she stood up again.

Once she made it over to Lloyd, she grabbed his arm and pulled him up onto his feet. As they both looked up, they saw that all of the guards were back up on their feet too and surrounding them.

Nya knew that these guys were gonna be tough to beat, and they needed to get to Kai as fast as they could.

Nya: "Lloyd, go and help Kai. I can handle these morons."

He looked at her surprised.

Lloyd: "What?"
Nya: "You heard me! Go!"

He didn't have time to say no, as he knew what was more important. He nodded at her, and jumped over some of the guards so he was face to face with his dad.

Garmadon: "Ugh, you ninja are so pesky and annoying."
Lloyd: "Let him go dad."
Garmadon: "Ha! You really think I'm going to let him go now? When I'm this close to winning? You must be joking! And you've basically already lost, so why don't you give up?"

Garmadon smiled at him and raised an eyebrow. But he only got a glare in return.

Lloyd: "I'm not going to give up. Not until Kai is safe. Because ninja. Never. Quit!"

As Lloyd finished that sentence, he ran at Garmadon with full force and his fist ready to hit him, but he was too slow as Garmadon kicked him in the stomach just before he would've gotten punched.

Lloyd fell to the floor with a grunt as he looked up at Garmadon.

Garmadon: "Ha! This is almost too easy."

Garmadon walked over to Lloyd and got ready to kick him,

Lloyd: "Ninja Go!"

A bright green light emitted from Lloyd, as he performed spinjitzu. (Is that how you spell it?)