Chapter 8: Telling

Cole looked over at Lloyd and saw he was looking down at his own hands, shaking. His hands were covered in Kai's blood from where he tried to stop the bleeding. And when Cole looked down, he could see some of Kai's blood on his black ninja gi too, from where he was holding Kai.

Cole: *sigh* You don't have to come with me if you don't want to... I know this is hard and-
Lloyd: No. I'm coming with you. There isn't anything else I can do for Kai now, a-and I don't want to just sit around and do nothing, so I will help you explain it to Wu.
Cole: Ha... Okay greenie.

A few tears went down Lloyd's face but he wouldn't let the gate open just yet. Cole slowly opened the door to the meditation room and saw Sensei Wu and Skylor sat facing away from them, meditating.

Lloyd: Master, we're sorry for intruding but this is an emergency!
Skylor: What's wrong Ll-

Skylor turned around and noticed all the blood on their gi's.

Skylor: What happened?!

Sensei Wu heard the panic in her voice and also became curious. He turned around to look at the two boys who so rudely interrupted his meditation, when his thought were interrupted by the sight of blood all over them.

Sensei Wu: *Gasp* Oh goodness...

He looked closer and didn't see any cuts on them and was confused.

Sensei Wu: This... This is not your blood...
Skylor: Huh? Then who's...
Cole: Kai! It's Kai's blood!
Skylor: K-Kai?!
Lloyd: *sniff* Y-Yeah! Me and N-Nya went out to look for him and then we found him all b-beaten up and b-barely conscious in the middle of the forest! *sniff*
Sensei Wu: This does not sound good...
Skylor: Where is he now?!
Cole: He is with Zane right now who is patching him up, but he told us we should leave him in peace.
Skylor: Grr... I don't care! I need to see Kai now!

She began to storm off towards the room when Lloyd grabbed her arm.

Lloyd: Skylor! You can't see him yet!
Skylor: Hey! Get off me green boy!

She pulled her arm out of his grip and began to storm toward the recovery room, where Kai and Zane were. Lloyd knew that if Zane got distracted, then something could go wrong and Kai could get even more hurt! So he did something he never thought he would do. He could feel the rage building up inside of him. The anger that Skylor was going to ruin any chances of her "crush" surviving.

Lloyd: no... LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

He shot a green energy ball right at her and she instantly got knocked out.

Lloyd: *gasp* I...
Sensei Wu: Lloyd! You do not harm any members of your team!
Lloyd: I... I didn't mean to! I swear! I-I was just angry and-
Sensei Wu: ENOUGH!
Lloyd: ...
Sensei Wu: I have had enough commotion for one day. When Zane is finished with Kai i suggest you let him rest. I hope to see Kai back on his feet soon.

And with that, Master Wu left the room. Leaving Lloyd and Cole.

Cole: Don't listen to him Lloyd! He doesn't know what he's talking about!
Lloyd: *sniff* What do y-you mean?
Cole: Skylor is NOT a member of our team! This club is full! And we don't have any room for obsessive whores!
Lloyd: But I hurt her! Without meaning to! Even if it is Skylor... I didn't have control...
Cole: That's what practice is for. Don't worry Lloyd, she had it coming.
Lloyd: ... Thanks Cole. But what should we do with Skylor?

They both looked over to the unconscious body in the middle of the hall.

Cole: Hmm... I guess for now we should drop her off back at her place?
Lloyd: Yes please! I don't want her around Kai at the moment. Or ever again!
Cole: Haha! Now who's obsessive?

Cole began to walk towards the unconscious body.

Lloyd: H-hey! I'm not obsessive!
Cole: Uh huh. Yeah, suuuure.
Lloyd: I am not!
Cole: Hahaha Okay, If you say so.

Cole picked up the body.

Cole: I will be back soon.
Lloyd: Okay, just make sure she doesn't wake up half way there.
Cole: Yeah that probably wouldn't be the best thing to happen.
Lloyd: And uh... c-could you leave a note saying I didn't mean to hurt her?
Cole: Why? She deserved it!
Lloyd: Yeah maybe she did but that's no excuse for hurting someone. So just... please?
Cole: ... *sigh* fine. But I'm doing this for you! Not 'cause I want to!
Lloyd: Thank you Cole!
Cole: See ya later!
Lloyd: Bye!

Cole ran around the corned with Skylor over his shoulder and out of sight.

Lloyd: *sigh* I guess all I can do now is wait for Zane to be done with Kai...

Lloyd walked back to the recovery room where Zane was working on Kai an took a seat outside the room.

Lloyd: Please be okay Kai...