Chapter 5: A New Challenger Appears

Around 15 minutes later Sensei Wu comes back on the deck with Skylor next to him.

Skylor: Hey guys!
Nya: Oh! Hey sky!
Jay and Cole: Hi!
Zane: Good morning Skylor!
Lloyd: Hey... Skylor.
Sensei Wu: I'm guessing Kai isn't here at the moment?
Jay: Nope! We sent him off on some fake mission so we could set up!
Skylor: Oh haha he isn't going to like that when he gets back!
Cole: Well, we're hoping he won't mind once he knows why.
Jay: What are you holding Skylor?
Skylor: Oh this? This is my present for Kai. But I didn't have time to wrap it this morning...
Cole: Well, Jay is on wrapping duty! He could wrap it for you!
Jay: Ha... duty... Wait you can't make me do extra work Cole! I'm not a slave!
Cole: C'mon It's for Kai! Besides you have finished wrapping all of ours haven't you?
Jay: ... Fine pass it here.
Skylor: Thanks for this jay.
Jay: Yeah, yeah.

Jay takes the gift from Skylor and walks around the corner without looking at it. But a few seconds later a strange sound came from the same room jay walked into.

Jay: *Gasp*
Zane: Jay? Are you alright?
Jay: Yeah... um... I'm fine!
Cole: Okay weirdo.
Jay: I heard that!
Cole: Well I wasn't being quiet about it!
Jay: Uh... L-Lloyd? Can you come here for a sec?
Lloyd: Uh, sure?

Lloyd walked into the same room jay did. Leaving the others to continue doing their jobs.

Lloyd: What do you want?
Jay: CUPIDS GONE EVIL!
Lloyd: W-What?
Jay: Look!

Jay passed Lloyd a heart shaped box with the name Kai written on it and the dot above the i was a heart.

Jay: That's her gift! She is going to ask Kai out! Tonight!
Lloyd: WHAT?! Are you sure? Maybe this is the 'normal' for them?
Jay: No way! She put a heart above the i! I mean come on! Who does that?!
Lloyd: Hmm... good point.
Jay: Oh no! This can't be happening! If Skylor asks Kai out before you do, knowing him he won't think it through and probably say yes because he likes attention from girls but he won't like attention when he is 36 with 5 kids running around him screaming and crying 'daddy where's mommy?' And he can't answer that because he doesn't know! And he doesn't have a job he gets paid for and he—
Lloyd: Woah woah Jay! Calm down!
Jay: And worse of all... I will owe Cole $20!
Lloyd: Look I'm sure none of that will- wait you bet on who Kai would end up with?
Jay: The details aren't important! All that matters is that you get to him before she does!
Lloyd: But I don't even think he likes her that way... or maybe he does? ...You know what? You're right! We can't let them get together! I will ask him the next time I see him!
Jay: Yeah! You go green ninja! Operation Greenflame is a go!
Lloyd: Greenflame?
Jay: Yeah! It's yours and Kai's ship name. Me and Nya came up with it weeks ago!
Lloyd: Okay! Sounds good! I'm gonna go finish putting up these banners now.
Jay: Okay. Let's hope this goes according to plan.
Lloyd: Yeah... for Kai's sake.
Jay: Ooo! Is that a hint of hatred I hear?
Lloyd: W-What? No! I'm the Golden ninja! Im not allowed to hate people!
Jay: Ya... suuuuure ;) I mean it's not like she did anything wrong anyway.
Lloyd: what do you mean?
Jay: Oh... you know... all those looooong loving looks she gives him. She is allowed to do that! Oh! Or how about when she puts her hands on his chest and starts blushing and flirting? No rules against that either! Or even when she tried to kiss him that one time!

Jay looked up only to see Lloyd clenching his fists with green energy coming off them and he had a really angry face on him.

Jay: Wow... might wanna tone down the amount of hatred there greenie...

Lloyd suddenly realised what he was doing and unclenched his fists and all the anger that was on his face a moment ago was replaced with sadness.

Lloyd: I-I'm sorry jay I-I don't know what came over me...
Jay: Its called love, numb skull.
Lloyd: Haha... Yeah...

Love...