Chapter 14: Not Great

The same night~

It was late at night. The only light in the room was coming from the moon, which was glistening its rays through the singular window. Almost the whole ship was silent, the only sounds that were audible were coming from the recovery room. The movement of bed sheets could be heard as someone was writhing in their sleep. The sounds of short, ragged breaths were also coming from this person and small beads of sweat formed on his head, reflecting small droplets of the moon. They wore a pained expression and their fists gripped the bed sheets tightly, while their eyes were screwed tightly shut.

In Kai's dream~

He looked around, but all he could see was darkness. He figured that he must have been alone in the dark area he was in, wherever he was... but he called out to see if anyone was here with him.

Kai: "Hello?"

There was no response. Then suddenly, without any warning a very sharp pain came across him as his head began to throb with pain. He placed his hands on either sides of his head and he tried to block out the source of this pain, but it didn't work. He grunted as the pain he felt grew.

Kai: "Arg..."

His eyes were tightly shut, and his hands remained on his head. While his eyes were shut, an image started to form around him slowly.

The silence was interrupted, by a deep, heavy voice.

???: "Heh... Look at the red ninja cowering in fear!"
Kai: "Arg... W-who's there?!"

He tried to open his eyes slightly but was still squinting from the pain. When he did manage to open his eyes he could just about see that he was no longer just floating in darkness. He was now in a relatively dark room with plain, grey walls and no doors.

He looked around to find the source of the voice, but there was no one else in there with him.

???: "What's wrong little ninja? Scared?"
Kai: "N-no! I'm not scared of anything! Especially some dumb voice"

Kai had managed bear through the pain and stand up while he began to look around the room frantically. He was stood in an offensive state, ready to attack anything that appeared.

???: "Aw... How sweet. The little flame trying to act all tough. But I wonder... what happens when we add a little fun to the equation?"
Kai: "What are you-"

Not a second later Kai fell to the floor with an even bigger headache than before and he screamed with pain. His hands returned to the sides of his head as he desperately tried to get rid of the pain somehow.

Kai: "ARGH!"
???: "What's the matter flames? Can't take the heat?"
Kai: "S...stop I-it hurts!"
???: "Well it's about to get a whole. Lot. Worse."

End of dream:

Kai woke up with a scream and sat up quickly, gasping for all the air he could get. But he soon realised that was a mistake when his head began to throb in pain.

Kai: "Arghhhh... stupid head..."

He was panting from his nightmare and tried to wipe some of the sweat of his head, which was ultimately useless. He felt horrible, he hadn't had a nightmare like that in years. He had almost forgotten what it felt like.

He would never admit it, but he was curious about what the mysterious voice had meant, and maybe he was a little freaked out...

Kai: *sniff* "Ughh..."

It was obvious to him that he needed to get himself cleaned up, and lucky for him there was a bathroom just opposite the room he was in. He didn't know what time it was, but it was dark outside which meant the other ninja must be asleep, so he had to be careful enough not to wake anybody up.