Chapter 24: Frustration

The day after Kai was taken~

It was now the morning after Garmadon had shown up, and no one was acting as themselves.

Zane came into the kitchen to find a rather unusual sight, Cole and Jay sat at the table not fighting.

Zane: "Good morning Cole and Jay."
Jay: "Is it? I hadn't noticed..."

Zane took note of how... depressed the two looked. Cole was just staring off into the distance, his food untouched. And Jay was just pouring some milk into his cereal with a frown on his face. Both had dark bags under their eyes.

Zane: "I must say it's strange to see both of you downstairs before me."
Cole: "Well we didn't get much sleep last night."

Zane walked over to the sink, and turned the tap on so he could wash the dirty dishes.

Zane: "You must sleep. It is essential for health."
Jay: "It's not like we didn't try!"

Jay was beginning to get irritated with Zane's comments so early in the morning.

Zane: "You will not be able to operate fully if you do not have the right amount of energy. I suggest you both sleep tonight."
Jay: "Oh sure! Why didn't I think of that?!"

Jay was now gripping his spoon very tightly.

Zane: "I cant answer that. It should be obvious that sleep is needed, and quite honestly I see no reason as to why you didn't sleep last night."

This was the last straw for Jay, he stood up from his seat and scowled at Zane.

Jay: "NO REASON?! Well maybe if you had EMOTIONS you would also FEEL UPSET about our team falling apart!"

Cole looked up at Jay, shocked at his sudden outburst. Jay was panting from the little amount of energy he had left.

However Zane didn't turn around, in fact he didn't do anything. He didn't speak, he didn't move, he just kept washing the dishes.

Jay thought for a moment about what he had just said.

His face suddenly fell back into a tight frown.

Jay: "Z-Zane... I-I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me! I-I..."

Cole stares wide-eyed at what was happening before him, he had never seen Jay shout like that before, especially to Zane.

Zane: "...Do you feel better now?"

This question came across as concerning for the two ninja.

Jay: "H-Huh?"

Zane has now finished the dishes and turned around to face the two.

Zane: "I heard you two talking last night, about how angry you felt at yourselves for letting Kai get taken. And I have learnt that one way to get rid of frustration is to 'rant' as you may call it. So I simply had to get on your nerves, so you would release your frustration on me."

The boys had no words. All they could do was look at the nindroid stood in front of them, that they were more than happy to call family.

Cole: "Z-Zane... you would..."
Zane: "I'm terribly sorry for any misunderstandings-"

Zane was cut off, as he felt two small arms wrap around his body.

Jay: "Yes... I do feel better..."

Zane smiled at the boy hugging him, and returned the hug.

Cole: "Aw let me in on this!"

Zane then felt another set of arms wrap around him and Jay and his smile became even bigger.