Chapter 22: Undercover

Kai groaned as he tried to open his eyes. He noticed that his right eye was stinging a lot, but he didn't have time to think about that. As he slowly regained his consciousness he also noticed that he was moving.

He opened his eyes a bit more, allowing some of the light to reach him and letting him see where he is. As he looked down he saw that he was being carried over a mans shoulder, with his head being behind the man.

He groaned again as he suddenly felt a huge wave of pain in his head.

By now he was half awake, and held his head up a bit.

He saw about 9 or 10 guards walking behind them, and strangely enough there were two of the guards that were looking directly at him, although he couldn't make out what they were thinking, so he ignored them and let his head fall back down. He couldn't see what was in front of him.

Kai couldn't do anything at this moment, and he felt helpless. But all he could do was wait to see where he was being taken.

After almost a minute, the man carrying Kai turned and faced towards a large door. He couldn't see who, but he heard it being unlocked as somebody opened the door.

Garmadon: "Put him over there."

Kai instantly recognised that old, raspy voice.

Kai: 'Oh great.'

The man starting moving again and Kai still couldn't see where they were going. Until he suddenly got thrown on the floor and let out another grunt as he heard a loud slam.

He shook his head, as if to get rid of the pain, and looked up from the floor.

He saw that he was in some sort of glass tube, and the slam was the door being shut.

The man that closed the door walked over to Garmadon, who raised an eyebrow.

Garmadon: "What do you want? A pat on the back?"

The man didn't look him in the eye, but he glared at the floor and walked over to the rest of the guards that were in the room.

Garmadon heard some banging, and turned his attention towards the hothead.

Kai: "Let me out of this stupid thing!"
Garmadon: "Ha! Don't make me laugh boy."

They were both glaring at each other in silence, until Kai broke it.

Kai: "W-what do you want from me?"

Garmadon smirked again, but this time it wasn't a small one.

Garmadon: "And why exactly should I tell you? You are my prisoner after all."

Kai scoffed at this statement and turned away from him slightly.

Garmadon: "Although... I don't really see the harm in telling you my plans. If you know, then it will just make it more fun for me, knowing how helpless you'll feel! Haha!"

Kai didn't listen to much of what he said, but he did hear that he was going to reveal some of his plans so he turned his head back slightly to look at Garmadon.

Garmadon: "You see, when I first attacked you, I just wanted to hurt Lloyd, and make him feel like he failed to protect you."

Kai's eyes widened as he realised what he just said.

Kai: "So you just USED me?! To hurt your own son?!"
Garmadon: "If that's the way you want to put it."

Kai was horrified to learn that he was used to hurt Lloyd! The love of his life! How could he have been so weak to have been used like that?