Chapter 21: The Search

When Garmadon took Kai~

The three boys were on the floor, still in a pile as they had just tried to reach Kai, but they were too late. Garmadon took him.

Jay: "N-no!"
Cole: "Kai..."

The boys un-tangled themselves and were sat down on the floor.

Cole: "What do we do now?"
Jay: "Aw man! Nya is going to kill us! And Lloyd is! And we still dont know where Skylor went! And-"

Zane put his hand on Jay's shoulder and Jay looked back up at him.

Zane: "It's okay. We're going to find him. But first, you need to calm down."

Jay took a few deep breaths and looked up to Cole.

Jay: "Now what?"

Cole didn't say anything as he was deep in thought.

Cole: "I... I think we should stay here until Nya and Lloyd come back"
Jay: "WHAT?! But that could be ages!"

Jay was now stood up and looking down at Cole.

Cole: "I know, but if we leave to go and find Kai then Skylor might come back and... do something? I don't know!"

Cole was now stood up too.

Cole: "I just think that before we go and start a fight with Garmadon, we should wait for our full team."

Zane stood up too.

Jay: "But- but he's the one who started the fight when he took Kai!"
Zane: "I'm sorry Jay, but I agree with Cole on this one."

Jay looked down at his feet and clenched his fists slightly.

Jay: "...Fine"

He then turn around and left the room, heading towards his room. Cole just sighed and watched him leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai groaned as he woke up, only to see that he was still in his cell.

Kai: "Ugh... great..."

He was sat on the floor, looking at the locked door of his cell. He began to think to himself,

Kai: 'This is stupid... I should've been able to protect myself! I shouldn't need to be saved! I'm... I'm supposed to be strong!'

He looked down at his leg, to see a drop of water there. He then took notice of the water that was slowly cascading down his face, before he wiped them away with the upper part of his arm.

Just as Kai wiped his tears away, he heard the door unlock with another click. He quickly tried to hid is fear by putting on a brave face and glared at the door, waiting for someone to walk through.

As the door opened, one of the guards he saw earlier came in and stood by the entrance to the cell. Then came in Garmadon. Kai didn't say anything as he knew his words wouldn't get him out of this problem, but he was still glaring at him.

Garmadon: Don't look at me like that boy.

He suddenly snapped. But Kai didn't even flinch.

Kai: "W-what do you want?"

Kai cussed at himself in his mind as his voice wavered slightly, showing a bit of his fear. Garmadon smirked a small bit, and walked over to Kai, who was sitting on the floor, and looked him in the eyes.

Garmadon: "Heh... don't worry. You'll find out soon enough."

Kai was starting to loose his patience. As usual.