Chapter 7: Kai?!

Nya: ...K-Kai?
Lloyd: KAI!

Lloyd ran over to Kai and was staring at all of his bruises and deep cuts.

Kai: Ah... Hah... Hey Lloyd... *cough*
Nya: K-Kai Oh my god what happened?!

Nya then ran over to Kai and was starting to cry.

Kai: I... I'm s-sorry...
Lloyd: S-sorry? W-why are you sorry?
Nya: No time Lloyd, we have to get Kai home!
Kai: I-Im fine guys... just a little banged up.
T-that's all.
Lloyd: You're not okay! You're bleeding...
Nya: C-come in! It's Nya! Zane? Are you there? We found Kai! ... no... we need to get him to the bounty! And fast! I'm sending you our coordinates. Please hurry!
Lloyd: You're gonna be okay Kai!
Kai: Ugh...

Kai got a horrible headache and began to close his eyes as he felt darkness overtake him.

Nya: S-stay with us Kai!
Lloyd: He is losing too much blood...
Kai: ... I...
Lloyd: S-Save your strength Kai. It will be okay. You will be okay.
Nya: Zane is on the way with the bounty he shouldn't be long.

Kai then went unconscious.

Nya: W-what happened to him Lloyd?
Lloyd: I... I don't know... we will have to ask him when he wakes up.
Nya: Oh god now I feel horrible...
Lloyd: come on Nya, it's not your fault.
Nya: I- I cant look at him... Y- you will have to put pressure on some of his cuts.
Lloyd: Like... hold them tight?
Nya: Yes! It will slow down the bleeding.

Lloyd felt like he was going to be sick. He didn't want to put his hands in Kai's blood! But he didn't have a choice, if he wanted Kai to live, he had to do this for him.

Lloyd: O-Okay.

He placed his hand on the worst cut, which was on his left arm.

Lloyd: H-how long until Zane gets here?
Nya: A-around 1 minute. If I didn't send Kai out on that fake mission then he would be okay!
Lloyd: Hey! You didn't know this would happen! Besides... he's Kai! I bet he gave whatever attacked him the run for it's money!
Nya: ... *sniff* heh... y-yeah... But of all days it had to be his birthday too!
Lloyd: Yeah that's strange... What do you think did this to him?
Nya: I don't want to think about that right now...
Lloyd: T-that's Okay! W-we can just wait for Zane and the guys to come with the bounty.

Just as Lloyd said that the bounty could be seen flying over their heads and stopping.

Nya: They're here!

The anchor fell a few meters away from them and a blue and a black ninja could be seen sliding down the chain.

Lloyd: H-hurry guys!

The blue and black ninja landed on the floor.

Jay: Hey guys! Wh-

Jay saw Kai lying on the floor covered in blood. With Lloyds hands holding one of his arms.

Cole: What the heck happened?!
Lloyd: W-we don't know! We s-saw him on the floor-... a-and then h-he p-passed out a-and -
Cole: Woah calm down there!
Nya: Oh Jay!

Nya ran over to jay and buried her head in his neck with her arms around him and began to cry a lot more. He hugged her back.

Jay: I-it's going to be okay Nya!
Cole: We have to get him to Zane! He will know what to do.
Lloyd: Shouldn't we take him to the hospital?
Cole: I'm sure Zane is a lot smarter than all of the doctors there combined.
Lloyd: Okay lets get him up there then.

Cole then carefully picked him up and held him in his arms.

Lloyd: c-careful...
Cole: Don't worry. I got him!

Then Jay did airjitzu holding Nya and landed on the deck safely. Next Lloyd did airjitzu and landed on the deck. Finally Cole, while holding Kai, also did airjitzu and landed on the deck.

Lloyd: Z-Zane! We need some help!

Zane ran out on deck.

Zane: Hello! Did-

He saw Kai bleeding and passed out in Cole's arms.

Zane: Oh no! What on earth happened?!
Nya: W-we Don't *sob* know!
Jay: sh sh Nya it's okay now.
Zane: Bring him into the recovery room. I will prepare a first aid kit for him.

Cole and Lloyd then ran to the recovery room and lay Kai on a bed with jay and Nya not far behind. Nya was still crying. Then Zane came back in.

Zane: I will need to clean and stitch some of his wounds now so I suggest you leave as I don't think this will be a pretty sight.
Nya: Oh... O-Okay Zane...
Lloyd: Just... look after him.
Zane: I will do my best but he looks really hurt.

Zane had a worried expression on his face. And as he looked at Kai you could tell he felt uncomfortable.

Cole: Come on Lloyd, he will be fine.
Lloyd: ... Okay.

Cole, Lloyd, Nya And Jay all left the room and were stood outside.

Cole: Zane looked worried... he almost never looks worried...
Jay: I know...

Nya began to cry a lot more hearing this.

Jay: H-hey! Shall we go back to my room to calm down?

Nya nodded her head as no words would come out at the moment. Jay then lead her back to his room, leaving Cole and Lloyd outside the room.

Cole: I'm going to go tell Sensei Wu... Do you want to come with me?
Lloyd: ... uh... s-sure...
Cole: Okay. The last time I saw him I think he was in the meditation room with Skylor.

Cole and Lloyd went to go tell Sensei Wu and Skylor too. Lloyd couldn't even concentrate on where he was going as he was too busy thinking about what happened to Kai, and before he knew it, he was stood outside of the meditation room with Cole.